The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Adam King (MI)

Business Plan

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to know how everthing is going for you guys. I lost 6 deals last month from saying or doing the wrong thing but I am not ashamed of that the only thing I realize now is that I must make more mistakes, or fail faster in order to learn what I have to learn. This month What I need to do is double the out put of what I was doing last month and then put together a team of people who will help me work in the areas that I want to work. In Edmonton Alberta for which I am in exile from :( the investors there are making a killing doing what we do I saw billboards and bandit signs it was just mad but so far no newspaper ads?

My only problem right now in putting together a team is that I am having trouble getting myself to believe that

I can put together the people i need to get the job done for showing the house and witnessing the signing.

Gordon Holtner

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to know how everthing is going for you guys. I lost 6 deals last month from saying or doing the wrong thing but I am not ashamed of that the only thing I realize now is that I must make more mistakes, or fail faster in order to learn what I have to learn. This month What I need to do is double the out put of what I was doing last month and then put together a team of people who will help me work in the areas that I want to work. In Edmonton Alberta for which I am in exile from :( the investors there are making a killing doing what we do I saw billboards and bandit signs it was just mad but so far no newspaper ads?

My only problem right now in putting together a team is that I am having trouble getting myself to believe that

I can put together the people i need to get the job done for showing the house and witnessing the signing.

Gordon Holtner

gordon great attitude....love

why are you exiled form that spot?

ya this year is going to be the breaking year for me biz wise, still doing alot of researching but i'm determined, and i got a hold of a great network marketing thing that is blowing up!

business is business, got get started somewhere right

cheers to the adventures we all will embark on this new year

WWW.FREQUENSEA.COM/CLARITY

Hi Phil

I just make twice as much money in Ft McMurray than I do in Edmonton for my J.O.B. I haven't found a way yet that I can get back to the city where I want to work this biz because it has more people. In Ft Mcmurray half the population lives in camps so in a small town of 50 000 only 25 000 live here and alot live in peoples spare rooms or basements if they live in town. It's a small market with alot of room for appreciation. In other words it is a tough crowd of homeowners to please.

Good luck on your business venture PHil :( may it be fruitful.

Gord

Hi Everyone

Gordon Holtner

The optimist's viewpoint is that means you found six deals, too! And that tells me you're doing the right things. You just need to refine your approach, get some experience, and you'll be fine. Mistakes are a bad thing only if you learn nothing from them. Remember, talk less and listen more. :D In fact, that's probably good advice for just about all ventures and relationships.

MC

You are so right I think of it both ways actually I am developing myself

but I am still failling but it is good to fail at first because that is how we learn

like how many times did you fall when you were little before you could walk?

Talking less and listening more,I just have to stop letting my nervous energy

make me alk to much. That is the rule of success here, that is why you are the man MC!!

Gordon

Gordon,

This business is all about learning about ourselves. I did a telelconference tonight that was recorded. During the hour long call, I realized I said some things that I shouldn't have. (Nothing big, just too much opinion about certain strategies) That made me want to do the whole thing over again. But the problem isn't that I said some wrong things, it's that I was thinking of dumping the whole thing because of one little mistake. I have since decided that there is WAY more good things to dump the audio file. It will get used as planned.

Stick with the personal development and I promise you it will blow your mind when you look back in a year. This business is just nuts if you can roll with the punches.

Regards,

Adam

I guess I set a easy goal to start this year with. I am about 1/4 there if these 2 close. I am about 95% sure at this point.

I guess I set a easy goal to start this year with. I am about 1/4 there if these 2 close. I am about 95% sure at this point.
You can always revise your goals upward. That's not a bad thing. ^_^

I know this is an old post, but I was browsing the forum and wondering how many of the people actually reached their goals that year.

Also, I'm wondering how people are doing on their goals for this year 2010 and what they are. For me, in the short term, is to get that 1st deal done. Longer term, replace my current income in order to leave the J.O.B.

Anybody else?......

Hi, Ray. Wow. You went into the vault for this one! I can't speak for anyone else in this thread, and personally I have never been much in the way of setting goals. Particularly long term. Others may approach their business differently. But I've always operated more efficiently with a shorter term outlook. In your case, for example, my focus would be to get that first deal and to do whatever is necessary to reach that goal.

I know this is an old post, but I was browsing the forum and wondering how many of the people actually reached their goals that year.

Also, I'm wondering how people are doing on their goals for this year 2010 and what they are. For me, in the short term, is to get that 1st deal done. Longer term, replace my current income in order to leave the J.O.B.

Anybody else?......

Holy crap this is an old post!

Well, I reached most of my goals (Became a millionaire "on paper anyway") and then in late 2007 got too big for my britches raised a million bucks and turned into a private lender. Then got CRUSHED! I lost in one month more than most people make in a lifetime.

Still stinging FYI. :wacko::ninja:

Adam

PS I know more than anyone about REI now. And no, not the lesson I was looking for. :):wacko: