The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
option8

Marketing for Tenant Buyer

Now that we have closed the front end of the deal, it is time to move the property and close the circle. Today is Thursday.

Here is what we have done and planned so far with our deadlines.

1. Voicemail box set up with an extension describing the property and high level benefits.

Deadline: Friday

2. Ads in the daily suburban newspapers (11 total) to run for 4 weeks to read as follows:

TOWNNAME - Rent to Own - NO BANK QUALIFYING!

2 bd, 2.5 ba, townhome w/garage, $1197/mo.

Call 24hr rec msg. 123-456-7890 ext.71

this ad will also run in the local AFB weekly paper.

Deadline:Today Total cost $170.00

3. Homemade signs to be posted all around the area with a different

Deadline: Friday

4. Tear off flyers to be made up and posted in groceries, Libraries, etc..

Deadline:Friday

5. Email message sent to everyone I know in my metro area to do triple duty

We have a new business...Here's a property available...Earn extra cash for leads

with a link to our website and the place where leads can be entered in to us electronically. Deadline: Friday

6. Getting all forms (applications, sign in sheets, contracts and agreements) gathered, copied, organized and into the car

6. Planning Group showing next Sunday (if we get any takers) We will be away Thur - Sat.

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

pption8

Option,

I like your use of the voicemail box for the T/b's versus just the sellers. From what I gather, an ad in the paper will draw a MUCH bigger response from T/b's versus sellers, so it's nice that the VMBox will filter all the calls allowing 1) you to call them back at your convinience, and 2) keeps your home phone from ringing off the hook. The price of the VMBox is worth it for this alone.

Will you be running credit checks on prospective T/b's? If so, who will you be using? Costs per?

JerseyJeff

JerseyJeff

Will you be running credit checks on prospective T/b's? If so, who will you be using? Costs per?

We do intend to do this so I have 1 additional item on my to do list. I will check out the national chain (Tenantchek?) and a local one listed in our REI group.

Thanks for reminding me

option8

Be sure the rental app you use gives you permission to run a credit check on the person(s) who sign.

Otherwise, you could be in trouble. Also, will you be collecting any application fee of any kind to cover your costs associated with running the check? I usually collect $20 per person.

Credit checks these days are quick and inexpensive. If you do an online search you'll find hundreds of companies who can provide you with that information. I've seen them for as little as $8 to $10 per person.

option8,

What about a flier tube in front of the t-home.

We actually have this as a part of our "front of the house" sign.

I am also thinking of adding a rider on these signs that says

"We buy houses, too"

phone number

This is our plan for the permanent signs we purchase. This week it will

be pretty basic .

option8

Option8,

I think your marketing plan is looking great!

Usually your signs will bring in alot of interest (as far as I know).......I'd scatter them everwhere in the area......like you stated.

Question......if you do credit check with an online company, (considering I'm inexperienced with this) would they let you know approx. when your potential t/b's would be able to qualify for financing? Like a mortgage broker would be able to do? This is something you should take into account when screening.

Good luck!

Nick

OPTION8,

Question......if you do credit check with an online company, (considering I'm inexperienced with this) would they let you know approx. when your potential t/b's would be able to qualify for financing? Like a mortgage broker would be able to do? This is something you should take into account when screening.

Good luck!

Nick

Adding to what nick said, you might try talking to a Mtg. Broker, and actually have them do your credit checks for free. They will give you the ones in order of who will be able to qualify the easiest. Of course they would expect the referal....