The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Joseph44

home getting divorced

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to puchase during a divorce?

I just started working divorced couples.This is new to me I want to know what

works best for all parties if 1 wants to cash out and the other don't know?Any

advice would be appreciated.Thanks and have a great wk/nd!!

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to puchase during a divorce?

I just started working divorced couples.This is new to me I want to know what

works best for all parties if 1 wants to cash out and the other don't know?Any

advice would be appreciated.Thanks and have a great wk/nd!!

If I understand you correctly, your asking how to hide the purchase of a house from the divorce record?

Is this a current t/b comming up to the end of their lease? If so the only solution I could think of is extending the lease/option with no additional rent credit or very little rent credit. I don't know if that is possible, experts?;p

I'm not sure that is what Joseph44 meant. I was thinking he wants to know a good way to purchase a house from a couple who are in the midst of a divorce. Is this right? If so, be advised you are treading on a potential minefield. Emotions are running high, attorneys are swarming, etc. First, you'll have to be sure both parties are on the same page as to what they want and how to go about it. For example, if one wants to sell and the other doesn't, that's a volatile mix. Generally, if both agree they want to sell, that usually means cashing 'em out so they can both get on with their lives and cut all ties to one another.

The single biggest motivator for divorcing couples that I have found is when they have the double-payment going on.

We bought our property from a divorcing couple (personal residence). She had moved out and gone back home to momma, and he had moved out and was making payments then on two properties. It was only a matter of time until he sold to somebody-- fortunately it was us!

We got a great deal because for them (at least him) it was an alligator.

Good story, Paul. Thanks for sharing. Someone else's problem is often an opportunity in disguise if looked at from a different perspective.

Good posts.

Just a couple of cents.

The following opinion is based on term deals and not cash.

I have passed up a lot of deals where the wife wanted cash and the husband wanted out any way he could. As MC said this does become an attorney issue and is almost impossible to make work. But it can work and if it looks like it is headed that way, I would get EVERYONE to sign the contracts. Not just a quit claim either. Disclosure is the key with divorce situations. Just like Sub Tos, people can change their minds awful quick after you've saved them from making those payments.

What do I do with divorce cases that become term acquisitions? I call their attorney and make sure everything is on the up and up. I'm not sticking my neck out if they can't make up their minds.

Regards,

Adam

Hi Adam,

I think you and MC are right I think I'll let this one go and concentrate on other things

thanks again men and the both of you have a great day!!

Joseph,

Hi Adam,

I think you and MC are right I think I'll let this one go and concentrate on other things

thanks again men and the both of you have a great day!!

You're welcome. I would call them back in a month or so to see if time can help them agree. There could still possibly be a deal. Or you could always find someone to help you pay cash if the numbers work.

Regards,

Adam