The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
CS1977

CS1977's Post-Mentorship Progress Thread

If you are doing LO's or SLO's or CA's (I'm lovin these acronyms by the way) then I suggest to make your cards, marketing, etc attract the people with those type of deals.

I agree, and I did exactly that. Had Overnightprints.com make me 1000 of them.

Hope that makes some sense, again just my two cents but I want you (as the other do) to do well.

Makes perfect sense....and thanks.

Oh yeah, where in South Jerz you from? Only reason I ask is that my grandparents live in Bridgeton on a farm...great place, you'd never think you were in Jersey.

Grew up in Cherry Hill, live in Audubon now. It's funny, NJ gets a bad rap but it has zero to do with S. Jersey. It's the crap people see up the turnpike in N. Jersey. S. and N. Jersey are like two different states. S. Jersey tried to secede from N. Jersey back in the 70s, I shit you not. Where I am from it's nice suburbs and farmland.

NJ gets a bad rap but it has zero to do with S. Jersey. It's the crap people see up the turnpike in N. Jersey.
I am from North Jersey and take offense to that. I'd respond with my take on things but I am going to take the high road.

Jeff

Hahahah,

North Jersey and South Jersey is the like North Korea and South Korea....one place is great and one place I wouldn't exact want to be caught alone in :blush:

I never understood why they call it the garden state till I stayed in South Jersey. It's gorgeous, farms forever and so many frickin nursery's. I consider North Jersey part of New York anyway...it's like New York's overflow house.

But all in all, it's still an interesting place.

NJ gets a bad rap but it has zero to do with S. Jersey. It's the crap people see up the turnpike in N. Jersey.
I am from North Jersey and take offense to that. I'd respond with my take on things but I am going to take the high road.

Jeff

Jeff,

Now, now--let's not kid ourselves, you know EXACTLY what I mean. N. Jersey has some wonderful parts with great suburban neighborhoods--some of the most exclusive in the country, actually. But am I wrong or right to say that N. Jersey gets a bad rap from people travelling up the turnpike who only see the refineries??? That's where it gets its bad name, is it not?

Never said it deserved it. :blush:

Enough with the ignorant North Jersey bashing. There ARE very nice places to live in North Jersey and there ARE places in every state that you would not want to be caught alone in and the last time I checked, Camden, NJ, which was voted 2005 America's Most Dangerous City is NOT located in Northern NJ.

CYA Christine, CYA. You should run for government down there in South Jersey. I guess "S. and N. Jersey are like two different states. S. Jersey tried to secede from N. Jersey back in the 70s, I shit you not. Where I am from it's nice suburbs and farmland." was a mis-print.

And Christian, Ohio? C'mon.

Jeff

But am I wrong or right to say that N. Jersey gets a bad rap from people travelling up the turnpike who only see the refineries??? That's where it gets its bad name, is it not?

Never said it deserved it. tongue.gif

Did you even read what I said? :blush:

I'll chalk it up to the inferiority complex that I've noticed is common among you N. Jerseyans ;)

:blush: Hey trust me...Ohio ain't no picnic. You don't exactly hear people going, "Hey, where should we go for our summer vacation...Yay!!! Ohio!!!!" The farther away I can get from here the better, I want the west coast.

Tell you what though, nothing better than a Jersey sub...oh man, what I would do for a Jersey sub.

Christine, I did read what you said, but you keep conveniently forgetting that you also said

S. and N. Jersey are like two different states. S. Jersey tried to secede from N. Jersey back in the 70s, I shit you not. Where I am from it's nice suburbs and farmland.
You can't try to say now that that wasn't a negative comment towards Northern NJ.

I'll chalk it up to the inferiority complex that I've noticed is common among you N. Jerseyans
Yeah, that's what it is. We're jealous we don't have Great Adventure.

Every place has its good and its bad...even Philadelphia, er., South Jersey. :blush:

Jeff

Christine, I did read what you said, but you keep conveniently forgetting that you also said
S. and N. Jersey are like two different states. S. Jersey tried to secede from N. Jersey back in the 70s, I shit you not. Where I am from it's nice suburbs and farmland.
You can't try to say now that that wasn't a negative comment towards Northern NJ.

I'll chalk it up to the inferiority complex that I've noticed is common among you N. Jerseyans
Yeah, that's what it is. We're jealous we don't have Great Adventure.

Every place has its good and its bad...even Philadelphia, er., South Jersey. ;)

Jeff

Oh, Jeff. So silly my friend. :P

Anyhoo, enough highjacking my progress thread!!!!! :blush:

The next entry will have nothing to do with NJ in-fighting. We will be back to our regularly scheduled programming. Thank you.

:)

Progress:

Been showing both of my houses. Ad goes in a major city paper tomorrow for 2 weeks for the house I have there. That shoud help some.

As for my first house, I have been talking to a woman that wants to move in, like, yesterday. The owner agreed if she wants to move in this weekend then that is fine with him. I am already a hardened skeptic though, and will believe it when I see it (and the check for 5k in my hand). :blush:

I am definitely feeling more confident, though, which I think just comes from talking to people in the course of this biz.

Grrrrr

This is very frustrating. I have had some good possibilities with the first house but they keep falling through. It was my first house I signed up and I was over-eager. I think his rent is too high. He had said 1600 but finally I got him to lower it to 1400.

I think he needs to go to 1200, 1300 MAX. The house needs work. Nothing HUGE--but paint, replacing some bedroom doors, new window AC, carpet is so old....

Anyone have advice for this situation??? Should I approach him to do the fix-ups? He said he'd do the fix-ups for the one girl who was going to move in, but she fell off the earth.

So if he was gonna do it for her, shouldn't he do it now regardless so that the house would show better??

I want to have a nice little open house but I am EMBARASSED!

He reminded me again today that he is going away at the end of the month and wants someone in there by 4/1.

;):blush:

He reminded me again today that he is going away at the end of the month and wants someone in there by 4/1.

When does the contract expire?

Jeff

When does the contract expire?

Jeff

Jeff, 60 days will be up on 4/2. That's the amt. of time we decided on.

Remind him again of that timeframe, and how he can contribute to it becoming a reality by making the necessary cosmetic repairs. Let him know the feedback you're receiving: the rent is too high. Fight the market and you always lose. I always remind homeowners that we can fight to get that extra $150 per month. But, if in the process we take an extra two or three months to fill the property, they have lost quite a bit more as a result. "Do the math, Earl".

I GOT PAID!!! See kids, it really does work!!!!!

Thanks MC!!!!!!

ChristiineCheck1.jpg