The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
CS1977

CS1977's Post-Mentorship Progress Thread

Wow Christine. That was a surprise. You never mentioned you had a serious TB. Can you fill us in on the details?

Good for you. Congrats.

Jeff

PS I hope you didn't mark up the real check. :wub::wub:

Christine,

Hum....now which one was that from? :blush:

By the way there's something I forgot to tell you. Although going through some of the rough times is normal.....SO IS GETTING PAID!!!! :lol:

AWESOME!!!

Adam

Christine,

Hum....now which one was that from? :blush:

By the way there's something I forgot to tell you. Although going through some of the rough times is normal.....SO IS GETTING PAID!!!! :lol:

AWESOME!!!

Adam

Thanks so much everyone! There's no way I could've accomplished this in the way I did without all of everyone's support and insight on this board. So thank u, thank u, thank u! Here's to the first of many!

Adam--this was the one in my town that we were talking about that I felt was overpriced.

Jeff--this TB snuck up on me.

He walked through the house Mon. night. He actually filled the app out right there, which is the first time that's happened so far. He gave me the app fee and advised me he didn't have a lot of credit established. I ran the credit and it was true, but I still got a pretty good feeling about him. There was actually another couple who saw the house last Sat. who was in competition with him, but they were haggling over the rent and wanted a 2 year lease, which the seller did not want to do. So I talked to the other prospect after I did his credit and basically said the other couple is stalling, so meet me and the seller Thurs. night with the checks (option money and first month's rent) if you are truly serious. It's good to create competition and to also cut the BS and get right to it by saying "Go get cashier's checks and let's do this." ;)

So as of 5pm-ish last night the couple was still hemming and hawing, so the other guy kept his appt., met us at the seller's house and brought the 2 checks. We signed contracts and it went real smooth. Then we shook hands and it was done!! I was thrilled and the seller told me he was real pleased with my work and wants to do other L/O deals with me.

:):):)

So now I gotta step up marketing my other house and get some more deals going!!

I GOT PAID!!! See kids, it really does work!!!!!

Thanks MC!!!!!!

ChristiineCheck1.jpg

Prove that check is real! Sign it over to me!!

Hehe. . .congratulations, Christine! I know how hard you worked to lose your virginity, in a manner of speaking. Now put down the $400 shoes you're thinking of buying, move that other property you have, and go out and find another. :blush:

Hehe. . .congratulations, Christine! I know how hard you worked to lose your virginity, in a manner of speaking. Now put down the $400 shoes you're thinking of buying, move that other property you have, and go out and find another. ;)

So, it has been two weeks since I got my check and I have been trying to move my other house in the city. Calls have been increasing on that one, so we'll see. I added an infotube to the sign and the flyers were all gone pretty quickly. Glad I decided to do that.

Now it is back to focusing on getting more deals. An investor from Brooklyn saw my craigslist ad and called me saying he has a few properties in Philly he's like to do a L/O with. He seemed cool, he was like "TB's are better than tenants and we all know they never end up buying anyway! HAHAHA!!" It was pretty funny. So I am going to keep in touch with him to get the ball rolling. He said he would be in Philly in a couple of days.

I am also looking at wholesaling and pure options. I think those are my next endeavors.

Thanks everyone here for your continued support and contributions. :wub:

C

Christine, that's great to hear. You need to keep the ball rolling always. One of the "traps", (for lack of a better word), with n00bs is that after some initial success they become complacent. I see if often. It's as if they have forgotten how hard they worked for that first deal or two to materialize. Suddenly, the marketing slacks off, the calling slacks off, all the things that were being done routinely are no longer on the "Must Do" list. So I just want to remind you of what you already know. The paydays are great, but they do require the effort.

And I also like the fact that you are branching out into other areas of real estate. I always say the best approach is to learn one technique, master it, and move on to another. Build your bag of tricks this way and you'll have numerous approaches to take and numerou solutions to offer.

Hi everyone,

Still looking for t/b for the other house I have.

Good news: I just signed up another house today on a CA. Now I have to fine tune my marketing to fill these both and do more advertising for houses IN MY AREA b/c this house I just signed up is another city one and that just makes things more of a hassle for me....

C

Hi everyone,

Still looking for t/b for the other house I have.

Good news: I just signed up another house today on a CA. Now I have to fine tune my marketing to fill these both and do more advertising for houses IN MY AREA b/c this house I just signed up is another city one and that just makes things more of a hassle for me....

C

I NEED T/B's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I really need one for my Fishtown house. Lotsa calls, no bites. Contract expires in about 9 days...I told the owner this and she was kinda like wishy-washy about it. She is a realtor and said "well, I may put it on the MLS because my husband is pushing us to sell it. If I do, me and you will keep our same deal." Not sure how--I guess she may list it as a lease purchase option?? If someone just wants to straight buy, not sure if or how I will get paid.....

I also have to vent how hard she's made showing the home for me. No keys. She told me initially that she would give me keys once her stuff was moved out (she was living there)....now the stuff is moved out and she still hasn't given them to me....the other day she takes off to Florida for vacation saying "I will put you in touch with my partner who can let you in the house before I go"--she never did! She is really busting my groove here because people are calling to be shown the house and I am calling her and calling her and she is not picking up or returning voicemails. When I do talk to her she is getting a little piece of my mind. Grrr. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm tired of this house already!!!!

The other house I just got is 24 mos. lease with 25% rent credit and the house is in a real good school district. Owner just totally rehabbed it. Hopefully it won't take too long to move. It is 3 bed, 2 full bath, backyard, attic, basement, central air, hardwoods, porch.....1400/mo. and 6k down.

Time to guerilla market for TB's.....any and all suggestions for pulling them in would be appreciated. There may be things I am not thiniking of.

C

Christine, you may want to consider cutting the Fishtown property loose once your Agreement expires. I'm not too keen on saying things like this usually, but this one seems to be an exception. First, the Realtor/owner has told you she will be putting it on MLS. How does this peacefully coexist with your efforts? It doesn't. And if her husband is pushing her to sell, there is a good chance that when you do find a t/b, they will find a reason not to like him/her and reject the deal.

The bigger issue, though, is that you do not have unfettered access to the property. My mistake, but I was under the impression you had the keys from the get-go. Without the keys in my hand I have put deals on hold and told the homeowner as much. It's too late for this deal, but in the future, Christine, get the keys or move on. You need to be in control of every deal.

Also, in light of this new property you just picked up, sounds to me like it has some positive selling points and shouldn't be too hard to find some interested parties. Focus your energies on this one. . .and keep looking for others. :rolleyes:

Well, guess it wasn't just a fluke--

I closed on my second deal tonight!!! $6000.00 for me!!!

It went SO quick. The first guy I showed it to ended up taking it! It was only on the market 13 days!!

Wow, this is really getting addicting....

Next up: GOTTA keep the momentum going and pick up some more houses. Will focus on marketing to get some closer to home like the first deal was.

Oh, and I am officially credit card debt free for the first time in 5 years and I plan to keep it that way! I've learned my lesson.

:unsure:

Man, those Jersey girls rock! Congrats, Christine! Just remember that you can't move properties if you don't have any under contract. Keep talking with sellers or nothing else will happen. In other words, don't get complacent. But you know that already. . . :angry::unsure: