The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
CS1977

CS1977's Post-Mentorship Progress Thread

Darn Adam, this has to be one of the deepest post you've ever written on the board. I sense a top notch guru in the making, if not yet made. LOL

Damn, now the cat's out of the bag. It's the cold medicine! :D:rolleyes:

Alright, alright. Back to MY thread!! LOL

Just got the seller to sign my contracts about 2 hrs. ago!!! He wants to make some addendums after he goes and looks over his own lease document, but I told him I need to approve any additions first. He also has to make a set of keys for me.

BUT, hey--first deal!!! Putting the sign on the lawn tonight....

Woot!

:rolleyes::D:lol::D

Thanks Jeff!!!! Are you still in Jersey by the way?

So the sign's on the lawn, ad is on craigslist and I've recieved my first inquiry from a t/b. Funny what people will tell total strangers--"Yeah, I'm probably leaving my wife, so...." :P

Tomorrow I will post up bright neon flyers about it, get some directional signs, email some realtors/brokers, get some biz cards, and maybe let the neighbors know to call me if they know of anyone.

Then back into making more calls for more houses!

So the sign's on the lawn, ad is on craigslist and I've recieved my first inquiry from a t/b. Funny what people will tell total strangers--"Yeah, I'm probably leaving my wife, so...." :P

Tomorrow I will post up bright neon flyers about it, get some directional signs, email some realtors/brokers, get some biz cards, and maybe let the neighbors know to call me if they know of anyone.

Then back into making more calls for more houses!

post-1-1139140542.jpg

Arggghhhhhh!!!! Where is everyone?? I obsessively check this board like a 16 year old with a MySpace!!!!

Let's talk Lease Purchase, peeps!! :lol:

Anyhoo, my phone is ringing off the hook with t/bs. So I set up some viewings for this week--here are my main concerns:

--I think dude overpriced the house/rent and I told him so. He said let's see what happens, if I can't get someone in there, he'll lower his price. I agreed b/c I am new and eager for the deal.

--House has potential but is old and looks kinda worn to me. Maybe I am just spoiled by nice houses, but I am concerned about the reactions I will get. Especially at $1600/mo. rent. Yucky carpet, small bedrooms, no central air (just wall unit), funny smell.

:lol:

Those with experience with this kinda stuff--do you think I am doomed??? :P

Christine,

The market will dictate if you're doomed. You'll probably have an idea which way you're headed after the first few showings.

Also, don't forget this is a LP versus a straight rental so that can justify higher prices.

Jeff

Christine, I would have said the same as Jeff, but he beat me to it. The market is always right. If prospect after prospect is balking at the terms and/or condition of the property, you, in turn, need to do the same with the homeowner. In the meantime, do not prejudge. Let's wait for some feedback.

Guest Guest_Equity Notes_*

Read yor post was quite interesting.

If I may ask how do you email people on craigs list that have property forsale as it seems their restrictions prohibit emailing looking for business.

Also how about any other sites I could use to email for rto, thanks much for your review

Tom

Read yor post was quite interesting.

If I may ask how do you email people on craigs list that have property forsale as it seems their restrictions prohibit emailing looking for business.

Also how about any other sites I could use to email for rto, thanks much for your review

Tom

Hi Tom, I answered your craigslist question in your other thread, fyi. Craigslist is the only one I myself have used so far.

So, I have been naughty. MC said do not rest on your laurels after I signed that first house up for a CA....but I haven't been marketing/calling on ads like I should. Been getting too tied up in showing this house.

But tonight I cleared my schedule so that I can just make calls, and make calls, and make calls. I am going to jump right in tonight.

I really know what you guys mean now about losing momentum. I can feel that happening and I only only signed up the house a week ago. I guess I just really want to get a t/b in there and I am being way too impatient.

Funny how doubts creep in your mind like that. One day I have all the confidence in the world, the next I feel like "Crap, this is hard, and it's easier to just fall back on the j.o.b...."

Yeah, you guys have heard this all before.

So, my point is--nose back to the grindstone tonight. :lol:

Christine,

I hear ya. There are days I feel invincible, and days when I think, hey, maybe my J.O.B. isn't so bad after all. :lol:

My best advice to you is to get out of the rutt as soon as possible because the longer you're in it, the harder it is to escape.

Jeff

:(

So last week my phone was ringing off the hook with people interested in the rent to own house. Most of the calls were from the lawn sign. This week, the calls have petered out. I've shown a few people the house, had a couple no-shows. I realize half the battle is just getting the house under contract and I am super-proud I was able to do that--but I hope it was not just beginner's luck.

Yeah, I haven't marketed or made calls like I should. Money's tight so I haven't been able to do bandit signs yet. My biz cards are on the way, however, and I email/speak with people from craigslist every day.

I don't like this feeling I have. It's almost like a guilt I guess for not doing more on any given day. Anything worth having you have to work for, I know.

It just seems effortless for others. What others?? I don't know, I am probably just saying that as an excuse. I just wish for once I could make money and not be living in debt and paycheck to paycheck. I guess I am just frustrated that I have all this school and all this student loan debt and I still worry about money and bills all the time.

Yes, I am feeling sorry for myself. I'm done now. ^_^