The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
troy

How many deals are you doing

Quote "Any how it took this long to find out what the problem was as to why we were not closing more deals as I was told by MC. and the simple answer was we were chasing the highest option fee possible instead of focusing on helping others get what they want and the rest will follow."

Ahhh...Grasshopper. You have learned well.

Allow me to chime in here. As a Canadian, I can attest to Dougs frustration. Sending out postcards and coldcalling may or may not be methods of finding sellers but we're forgetting an important factor. There is a societal aspect to these sort of creative deals that just hasn't caught on in Canada. That coupled with well appreciating markets and more stringent lending requirements make for a significantly less proportion of viable 'motivated sellers

Poker is right, us Canadians are a conservative bunch, and are scared away by something we don't understand. It's our job to help these sellers understand the benefits we're offering, but as soon as they talk to their neighbour or plumber, or whoever, that person will say that it seems kind of fishy, and you should stay away from it. It's definitely a fear factor, I called a FRBO the other day and he told me he was "very motivated" but didn't want to do a RTO, even though he told me he would sell in two years?? I can sympathize with Doug, in that it's very frustrating dealing with sellers up here. Maybe our water not as pure as I thought :P

Steve