The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
turbojarhead

Best cold calling resource

For those of you who are having trouble cold calling, I highly recommend a book by Bill Good called "Prospecting Your Way To Sales Success." Years ago, when I was selling insurance, I was deathly afraid of the phone. I spent thousands on different systems, secret tricks, advertising, blah, blah, blah...

I found this book originally on Amazon, and when I read and started using his systems, my sales took off immediately. For $16, it will be the best prospecting tool you can ever purchase.

Good Luck, Brad :rolleyes:

Brad, thanks for sharing that. As one who works with many n00bs in this business, I can tell you that picking up the phone is generally the biggest fear. If this book can help overcome that fear, it's worth a heck of a lot more than $16.

For me the fear went away rather quickly... it was just a matter of realizing that I knew more about what I was talking about than I thought I did. After that, it just turned into a complete hatred for cold calling. I hate being told "no" once - let alone time after time after time. It's not that the word "no" sends me to the medicine cabinet for Prozac, it's just that I am a firm believer that my time is better spent getting people to call me rather than beating my head on my desk at the thought of making the next call.

Ah, cold calling. Some people love it. Personally, I hate it. Besides, in my kingdom, where I reign supreme, scepter and all, "yes men" make me feel all warm and tingly. :unsure:

-Kay

. . .in my kingdom, where I reign supreme, scepter and all, "yes men" make me feel all warm and tingly. :wacko:

-Kay

Interesting. In my kingdom, women that say yes make me warm and tingly. Funny how that works. :unsure: