The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
tracy5963

Ads Ya'll run

Was wondering if anyone would share some of their most popular and most responed to ads for us newbies to maybe get an idea or two. Would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tracy

Tracy, are you referring to newspaper advertising? And what type of deals are you aiming for? Lease purchasing specifically, or something else?

Tracy, are you referring to newspaper advertising? And what type of deals are you aiming for? Lease purchasing specifically, or something else?

Yes thanks Mike,Newspaper ads Lease option Buyer and seller.

I have a few I deas about just running generic ads for my area to start a list of both ,just thought I would ask for help and experience. Thanks Tracy

Newspaper ads can be very effective. The problem is they can be quite expensive, depending upon your location. When I lived in NM, I would run the same ad each and every Sunday, without fail. It would consistently pull calls, anywhere from two to maybe eight or ten each week. At a cost of about $20, even if I didn't get any calls I could continue to run it the following week.

Now, here in FL, the cost is ridiculously prohibitive and the paper is buried under real estate investor ads. After trying a few times when I first relocated, I realized it was not a cost effective way to market. And I haven't done so since.

The ad I used is:

AAA credit and references

Family needs lease with

purchase option in good

area. (123) 456-7890

Just remember to market within your budget. If newspaper advertising is too expensive, try something else. Makes no sense going broke before you get started.

Newspaper ads can be very effective. The problem is they can be quite expensive, depending upon your location. When I lived in NM, I would run the same ad each and every Sunday, without fail. It would consistently pull calls, anywhere from two to maybe eight or ten each week. At a cost of about $20, even if I didn't get any calls I could continue to run it the following week.

Now, here in FL, the cost is ridiculously prohibitive and the paper is buried under real estate investor ads. After trying a few times when I first relocated, I realized it was not a cost effective way to market. And I haven't done so since.

The ad I used is:

Family needs lease with

purchase option in good

area. (123) 456-7890

Just remember to market within your budget. If newspaper advertising is too expensive, try something else. Makes no sense going broke before you get started.

Hi all

Interesting post Maichael;

I've been running an ad "I find perfect tenants 4 U 4 Free" in a local newspaper that covers about 8 suburbs for $20 a week. Only had 2 calls in 8 weeks, neither wants to sell. Read somewhere that a consistant message is essential.

Been thinking about doing a SLO but the only protection here is a caveat against the title. Not much when the bank takes the lot if the seller went broke.

I've been running an ad "I find perfect tenants 4 U 4 Free" in a local newspaper that covers about 8 suburbs for $20 a week. Only had 2 calls in 8 weeks, neither wants to sell. Read somewhere that a consistant message is essential.
Absolutely, you must market consistently or you'll be a lonely guy. Get the word out any way you can. And, yeah, do it constantly. Keep track of what is working and what isn't, and always be prepared to change in midstream.

Well as far as looking for sellers we get busy making calls to both FrBO & FsBO by far this is the least expensive way to go. Now I did try something new not long ago and it produce six leads and two of them were real estate agents, we locked in one and I am checking out another tomorrow with two more pending. Anyhow what I did was I placed an ad just to see what would happen on craigslist.com, targeting sellers.

The ad went like this. looking to buy houses in most areas

I will pay 25K to 35K above asking

price if your property qualifies

Call (XXX) xxx-XXX or visit our

website at www. nicehome Bla Bla

Now when marketing for T/B we use bandit signs and we have been getting the most calls from ads that go like this. RENT NOW BUY LATER

3Bd/2Ba $9,000 up Front

S F H +

$1,600 a mo.

(XXX) XXX-xxxx

These signs are hand written on blank bandit signs. Produce 65 calls on three days of postings and only used 30 signs around the house usually we post about 50 to 60 signs and we cover a larger area but that all we had so we have four properties on contract and still trying to put T/B in got to find the right one baby aha lol that's just the way it goes I guess. I am new too and trying everything under the sun to get the edge to produce faster results. Well that it. Best of luck.

The ad I used is:

Family needs lease with

purchase option in good

area. (123) 456-7890

MC, was wondering what the "AAA Credit" part is?

MC, was wondering what the "AAA Credit" part is?

CS, you are trying to get the seller to think that you have excellent credit, "AAA", so it sounds less risky to do a lease option with you. Rob

Christine, I am referring to myself in that ad. The assumption being that I am looking for a sandwich lease. Of course, if the deal turns out to be a CA, my personal credit is a moot point. Truth be told, in all my years and all my deals, I can remember being asked for a credit report twice, I believe. Present yourself with confidence and you'll alleviate the homeowner's fears and concerns.