The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
kennon

Online Marketing

I have been using Homestead to build my websites. It is super user friendly using templates so you can have a site in next to no time up and running. I did get in there when it was free years and years ago and they have since started charging, but it seems reasonable and might be worth checking out.

True dat. Sex sells.

OMG I am just picturing MC saying "TRUE DAT." ROFL!!!! <_<

Hehe. . .there's much to me you don't know, Christine. I never did show you my tattoos, did I??

Now Michael put the fishing pole away.

Dear Doug and Craig

I have been thinking about setting up a website using Yahoo. Craig, I saw your website and noticed that you have 2005 copyright at the bottom of your site. Did you really copyright your website?

The reason I was asking was because if I were to set up a website for buyers to check out properties for sale or rent to own, I do not think it would be necessary to "copyright" my site. Correct?

I am searching for the most "cost effective" (cheapest) to have a "simple" website where I can effectively show properties for sale or RTO. Yahoo for $11.95/mo.

Next question, do you ask your sellers who already have photos on FSBO/FRBO for same photos to be used on your website? Any suggestions especially if you are too distant to take pictures? :)

Thanks.

Robert

I have around 12 websites. Some I made myself, others I subscribe to, and others are templates. I have never hung a sign, placed an ad, or sent a letter. All of my leads come through Google and other browsers, and I get enough leads to keep 5 guys who work for me busy calling leads, looking at houses, etcetera. I spend NO money to promote them. (just to keep them up)

Of all of the ones I have, the one I like the best is from investorpro. You choose from around 50 templates , all absolutely great looking. Your "selling" site is very easy to log into and with a couple button pushes you can add your houses for sale and their pictures. Here's mine: http://www.1ezhome.com . (I just remembered I have to add a house, lol!)

For your "buying" site, you offer your clients two free reports, "stopping foreclosure" and "how to sell your house quickly"... or something like that, lol. Here's my buying site: http://www.1ezsale.com

Here's where to see the info about where I got this site: http://www.investorpro.com/bonus/ Click anywhere on the top half to go get more info.

Z

Hi Z, and welcome to The Naked Investor. Nice looking sites. You caught my attention when you mentioned that you never use signs, ads, or letters. So your only source of marketing for homeowners and deals is via your website? But how do these homeowners know about your site? Have we come so far along in high technology that the average Joe, needing to sell his house quickly, now turns to the internet first? :P And if so, how do they find your site, versus the many, many others that are also online?

Hi Z,

I checked out investorpro and looks very impressive. I asked them about their $75k guarantee and they said they just had 4 simple marketing tools that someone would need to use or they pay back half of the monthly fees for the whole year.

How many deals have you received just from the website itself? Not sure how long you've had your site, but if its the first year, do you think your going to hit the $75K? If its over your first year, did you hit the goal?