The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jayentee

New Legal Eagle

I just want to say hello to everyone. I am the new moderator on this forum. As you may guess from my screenname, I am a miami real estate attorney. I am also a real estate investor. I am very interested in creative business techniques. I welcome your questions and comments and hope I can help. I also look forward to learing from all of you.

Jaret

Hey Jaret welcome aboard and thanks in advance for your help!

miami"DIRT"law :angry: sounds perfect for what we need around here. :angry:

<Steve>

I just want to say hello to everyone. I am the new moderator on this forum. As you may guess from my screenname, I am a Miami real estate attorney. I am also a real estate investor. I am very interested in creative business techniques. I welcome your questions and comments and hope I can help. I also look forward to learning from all of you.

Jaret

Welcome.

As you can tell I am new also. New to the forum but not new to RE investing.

So we get to know you better can you make some broad comments about your investing focus? A few comments about the law practice's focus would also be good (things that your firm does well, things that your firm tends to refer out rather than handle directly).

As to your question about RICO indictments, my firm has one of the best criminal departments in the country. Check out www.ferrellworldwide.com

As far as my practice... I have done a multitude of residential and commerical closings, however much of what I am doing now involves setting up real estate joint ventures. I also work with some mezzanine and hard money lenders. We assist them in making loans and getting their security interests perfected.

As far as my RE investing... I am still young (28) and I made my first REI about 2.5 years ago. I bought a condo in South Beach. I just sold it and walked away with enough cash to really start investing. My goal is to be full time REI within 2 - 3 years. I would like to eventually get into commercial deals but my focus now is on finding a 2-4 unit residential buy and hold unit. Just want to set up some cash flow.