The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jmeyn

Need help with short sale, filling out HUD1

I have a signed contract from the seller, but I still need to submit the offer to the lender for approval. I know that I have to submit a HUD1 with my contract/offer. How do I fill out the HUD1? My seller is also worried about a deficiency judgment being levied against him. What do I put in the contract, or addendum to make sure the bank doesn't file the judgment against him? Is there any special paperwork to ensure that this doesn't happen? Any help would be great. I would like to submit this to the lender by Fri. if I can get everything in order. Thanks in advance.

Hi. When I do short sales I add a clause stating that my offer is contingent upon the lender not seeking any kind of deficency judgment aginst the homeowner for the shortage. I also use easyhud.com. Works great for filling out Hud 1. Two minutes and I am done. Hope this helps.

Tracy Mills