The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Fa$tCa$h

On my way to CA Heaven

Wow after reading this board for way too long without taking any action. I have went on a full fledged calling frenzy. I called alot of FRBO in the newspaper. I got 4 no's. 15 I didn't leave a message to nervous at first. Then another 8 I left messages. 4 interested sellers. and 2 that called back from the messages I left. So six interested total. Tomorrows goal: Call every single FRBO in the newspaper!! :D

Good job bro. I've just been doing the email thing and posting ads on Craigs so far. Gonna have to start calling as well, I just wanna get the manual to make sure I'm telling people the right thing lol and having them sign the right contracts :D Sure hoping it'll be here in the next day or 2.

Good luck!

Fa$tCa$h, it's good to read you've stopped watching and started participating. But you're just at the starting gate. If you're serious about making this work, you need to push it. And it starts with speaking with homeowners. Call and market, or nothing else happens. And there's nothing to be nervous about. You're not selling anything to these homeowners. You're the buyer! Don't forget that!

Wow after reading this board for way too long without taking any action. I have went on a full fledged calling frenzy. I called alot of FRBO in the newspaper. I got 4 no's. 15 I didn't leave a message to nervous at first. Then another 8 I left messages. 4 interested sellers. and 2 that called back from the messages I left. So six interested total. Tomorrows goal: Call every single FRBO in the newspaper!! :D

ACTION is the name of this game. If you don't take the right action each day you can't get there. You have started in the right direction.

Make a goal doing this every day for 2 months. You will get lots of NO's so what next. It just takes 1 or 2 to say yes and your in heaven. Its a real high when you get there.

Trouble is many people don't do this. Just make this one committed action. Document your fiqures. After this the rest will fall into place. Keep us filled in.

Craig :P

From one newb to another... Good job in diving in! A line I've used to put a skeptical seller "at-ease" is something to the effect of "Mr. Seller, I don't put together deals unless everyone's happy"

I used it the other day and it got him interested!

Thanks everyone for the positive posts. Right now Im In the middle of another round of calling. I have a question, What forms of michael's do I use for a CA?

I just want to make sure I use the right ones when it comes time to meet with a seller.

-Thanks

For a CA: CA Residential Lease Agreement, and the Option to Purchase Agreement. These are signed between you and the seller. When you locate the t/b you complete the CA Assignment of Agreements. This is signed by all three parties. That's it.

Ok I think I have a problem, maybe its normal. I have had a few sellers that seem very interested in doing a CA when I talk to them on the phone. I email them a letter of intent that states what I do. But after that I don't here back from them. I have left messages on their phone. How do you go from seller being interested on the phone to signed agreements? Do I just need to meet up with them, instead of sending a letter of intent?

-Thanks

Is it normal? To some extent, it is. Many homeowners get cold feet after their initial enthusiasm. Sometimes they need more time to see that your idea and offer is a good one. When this happens, give them some space and follow up in a month. If their house is still unsold, you may then have something.

Hard to say what you may be doing wrong, if anything. If you have a truly motivated owner, and you've clearly explained the advantages of what you're offering, getting the papers signed is no biggie. And, yes, that can often be done without even meeting face to face or seeing the property, (that comes afterward).

But as a n00b, you may not be polished enough yet to do this. Perhaps, at this point in time, you'd be better off following up that initial phone conversation with a face to face. This will enable the homeowners to see you and ask questions, and come to trust you. You're no longer just a voice on the phone. And this process also enables you to see properties and learn values, and to become comfortable with the whole process of going into homes and speaking with the owners.