The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
option8

The Soft Sell

I am posting this to be an encouragement to all!

Yesterday, I received an email (from my website) from someone asking how our Earn Extra Cash offer works. The sender wanted to know how she would be sure she would get paid. We offered to sign a formal agreement with her to put her at ease and suggested she try us out. After thinking it over for a minute, she sent me 8 leads!

Today, my partner and I went to see a property that has been a potential deal since the big snows in February. It wasn't pressing because there were tenants in the house. This doesn't look like a deal that we want because it needs some work...perhaps we will flip it. The owners live out of town and his sister did the walk thru with us (while the tenants were still moving out, mind you). In conversation, it comes up that her daughter has a cute little house on the other side of town that she has been unsuccessful in selling. We asked the address and she said she couldn't get in, but would drive us by the property. On the way there, she contacted her daughter (also an out of town owner) and got the code to the lock box, so we actually did get it.

The house is cute as a button and a much better deal than the first one. We are actually considering taking this one. As we departed, we told us to let us know if she ever heard of any others who needed a house moved and gave her our business card. Moral of this story...You never know when or where you may run up on a deal

Today was a street day! We left my home at 11:30am heading to the first property. It is now 9:00pm. We've been backfor about 30 minutes.

What did we do all that time, you may be asking? We saw two houses, ate lunch together as a family (leaving a business card with the waitress), shopped a little, played sign bandit (putting up more signs to market a property we already have, dropped a card off at another potential house that has been listed with a realtor, drove up and down streets (actually being side-tracked by FSBO signs) writing down numbers, and came back home to find 3 more leads on email (from our website). On the whole, we had a pretty productive day and it was a blast.

So folks, when the momentum gets going, it really goes! You can do this and have fun a the same time. Be encouraged and keep plugging away. It really can and does happen! Carry your cards and give them to everyone. You never know where your leads will come from.

option8

Option,

Being you spent the whole day out yesterday, do you have a 40 hour a week job, or are you doing RE full-time now?

JerseyJeff

Jeff, I am doing this full time. It has taken a bit of effort and sacrifice... no new shoes or cute clothes for the summer and sometimes I am really creative about what I serve for dinner... but I just moved to this town and I'm playing the hand I'm dealt. I know in some respects I'm fortunate that I was already out on a limb with no where to go but further up the tree!

Hang in there! Success is around the next bend!

option8

How does your Extra Cash Offer work?

What is your web addy for your LP business?

We offered to sign a formal agreement with her to put her at ease and suggested she try us out. After thinking it over for a minute, she sent me 8 leads!

As a Realtor I can loose my license and be fined if I give kickback to someone who is not licensed. I can't even have someone telemarket for me who isn't at least a Certified Assistant. Is it a good idea to white a formal agreement? Or is it legal for you because you are purchasing the property directly? I'm wondering if I can get around the those laws too if I buy and sell my own property. Maybe being licensed is impairing me in the investment arena? It doesn't seem fair.

iammagi,

I believe because you are licensed, that is the problem, because it is considered professional kickbacks versus just public ones. The whole world gives referral fees, so as far as I know, there is nothing illegal with it at all.

Two cents again :blink: