The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Troy_Ross

Making Offers

Guest Anthony - OH

TPSG

I hate to be negative, but aren't you the one who has that "We Buy Houses" verbage all over your car?

Good Morning Fellow Investors,

I have sent out about 100 emails by going to my local FSBO sites, and have been very excited that I am negotiating with 3 different people. I'm a newbie, and it's a lot easier to negotiate via email then on the phone. Now don't get me wrong I know I'm going to have to pick up the phone and call these folks. But it sure is great to have some time to figure out numbers.

Also, I received a couple of out of state emails with people who want to meet with me. So, I'm going to have to find someone in that state to pass on the lead. I didn't realize it was out of state until I asked. Some of these FSBO's have their properties listed in as many places as possible. I was excited to know that this FSBO wanted to get together next week, and gave me a time to meet and everything. Well I had a good laugh at myself when I found out it was in SC...I'm in Denver.

Anyway, the email marketing campaign is a great way for us newbies to get our feet wet.

Paul Maynard

One more thing. In the email would you suggest giving FSBO's your direct line or your (800) 24 hour number?

I'm new to your group and I realize this thread is from May, however I hope to add something of interest. Regarding the great information on email marketing, VistaPrint.com recently made their biz cards easier to create online and added a great new feature for $3 extra (biz cards are only $7/500) you can get an electronic biz card. I think it's a very professional way to add an "idenity" to your marketing emails. I designed my own logo and had it drawn up by a sign and print shop guy, he put it on a CD Rom for me and I think it all cost me about $175. Premium Post Cards in Tampa, FL have great prices on postcards and other printing. They also did some changes to my logo, as I requested when I ordered through them,and again put it on a CD Rom for my future use.

Also, I would like to add, I like your previous suggestions Re: finding your own identity and addressing the seller's needs in a personal way. I think your ideas and posts are great! I've paid for the training and courses and gone the way of the bandit signs but it didn't feel right to me. (And if it does work well for someone else that's great.) When I expressed my thoughts (ie. shouting Divorce? Bankruptcy? etc. etc. We Buy Houses! makes me squirm!) I was told it could be due to my Southern up bringing and I need to get over it because this kind of marketing works. So it's good to see different opinions and ideas here.

So it's good to see different opinions and ideas here.
That's exactly right, Karen. The variety of folks from different parts of the country, with different levels of experience, different personalities, etc., is what makes this board a valuable source of shared information.

Hey Option8 - Here's a "suggestion" for your script....IMHO, I would NEVER end with "or probably not" (I don't have your information in front of me- that of course might not be an exact quote, but I think you get the point)...

The reason is that the person reading your e-mail (or letter) that you send out will remember the "probably not" part no matter how well written the rest of your information is...

I think your wording is good with that one exception - I hope you don't think that I am nit-picking - but I do enjoy writing copy, and tend to disect things that I read :unsure:

Have a great weekend - I for one am learing a TON of great stuff from this forum, I really do appreciate everyones input - it's fun to watch and read how others think....

Brad G

OKC/OKLA

Brad,

I believe what option 8 was going for was negative phrasing, so the person if they have any motivation will come up with a posative response.

I do know this works verbally with people as I use it on a day to day basis in my mortgage business.

Best wishes,

Mike