The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
just1question

Dumb question but I seriously need an answer!

Ok, what do you wear when meeting with sellers and buyers? I'm serious I have no fashion sense! Do you wear suit and tie? Polo shirt? Kahkis? overshirt with white shirt? and I am a male so am not wearing a dress!

-Clueless

Ok, what do you wear when meeting with sellers and buyers? I'm serious I have no fashion sense! Do you wear suit and tie? Polo shirt? Kahkis? overshirt with white shirt? and I am a male so am not wearing a dress!

-Clueless

When in Rome....! You'll know exactly how to dress after you meet with a few owners and show a few houses to prospects. In my neck of the woods, it's casual! In the summer, golf shirt and shorts. In the winter, golf shirt, khakis and shirt-jacket. If everyone around here was wearing suits, that strategy would be less effective. Last house I sold....T-shirt and shorts. :blush:

Dan

You probably could wear a dress and it wouldn't make much difference :)

I dress according to the weather. Right now it's reaching 30C (90F) with upwards of 80% humidity, so I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I also wear a pair of cheap slip-on shoes.

I can't stress enough how important slip-on shoes are. Sometimes you need to make a quick getaway from a seller who's angry about your offer, and you don't want to have to lace up while he's getting his shotgun!

In the winter I like to show up wearing my paint-splattered blue work jacket and second-hand store jeans. Seller's don't really seem to care, but I find this usually makes buyers feel more comfortable...dare I say even sympathetic. I've never had a buyer offer less than my asking price when I look like I can't afford a decent razor :blush:

Button-up shirt

cut-off denim shorts

& wrestling shoes

Hello, just1question, and welcome to The Naked Investor.

As you can see by the answers you've received, the moon was apparently full last night. :blush: In any event, be comfortable and be yourself. My personal belief is that if you come on too strong, heavy with gold chains and bling-bling, you're going to seem like a used car salesman.

I'm in south Florida. That means trying to stay cool and dry is a priority. Shorts, (with my legs it would be a sin to wear long pants), and polo shirt. :) And if I'm meeting a member of the fairer sex, I may pull out the ol' Speedo's if I really want to close the deal. :P

By the way, since you just asked one question, does this mean you're outta here?

-Clueless

Casual is best.

Also be sure you don't show up driving your Mercedes Benz or BMW.

We have one member who is pretty proud of his BMW (but its well deserved and I am jealous)

While he is buying new cars I am putting 3 through college. Thats life.

And if I'm meeting a member of the fairer sex, I may pull out the ol' Speedo's if I really want to close the deal.

Let's see...let's see....hmmm. Isn't the speedo technique on page 56 of the manual? :blush::)

And if I'm meeting a member of the fairer sex, I may pull out the ol' Speedo's if I really want to close the deal.

Let's see...let's see....hmmm. Isn't the speedo technique on page 56 of the manual? :blush::)

56 and 84! :P

Let's see...let's see....hmmm. Isn't the speedo technique on page 56 of the manual?
I hear the next update to the manual will have an entire chapter on the psychology of Speedo-clad investing, including example deals that were closed exclusively due to the "black thong factor".

I hear the next update to the manual will have an entire chapter on the psychology of Speedo-clad investing, including example deals that were closed exclusively due to the "black thong factor".
I thought about that, Doug. But then I considered all our brothers-in-arms to the North, and I thought you guys might feel left out. I mean, there aren't really beaver skin Speedo's. . .are there?? :blush:

By the way, since you just asked one question, does this mean you're outta here?

Yep I just needed that one question so thanks everyone and adios! :) I will try that speedo thing and the black thong factor to see if that increases my odds of closing a deal! :blush:

I've yet to wear a "banana hammock" while presenting an offer, but I would

imagine it would distract focus as to my reason for being there.

youknowwhatImean?

hint

hint

:)

:P

But if'n I knew it were a hot chick, I could

fancy her and slap one on.

Anything to help out a distressed seller.

:blush:

-Clueless

Wear what you would to a sporting event or something comfortable. If you aren't comfortable, you appear odd or nervous. This lack of confidence will not ease your buyers or sellers.

Daniel Ng

http://www.tradetheyen.com

Speedo's and black thongs?!?

And here I thought all you guys were naked. <sigh>

Where's the forum attorney? I'd like to sue for false advertising please.