The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

The need for corp

I finally filled for corp in NV just to shield assets. Just another step.

I finally filled for corp in NV just to shield assets. Just another step.

Hi Craig,

Could you give me some detail on how you did it? I have a partner in NJ and we want to form an LLC for our REI company. I'm trying to do everything online since I'm currently in Kuwait.

thx.

John

John? That John? Good to hear from you! Hope all is well. Stay low, stay safe! :P

Uh, yea that John :) . Been in Kuwait since June and back to Iraq in Sept. :(

Real Estate lesson in the Middle East: Can't buy houses here unless you are a Kuwaiti.

Lesson #2: Driving in Kuwait is more dangerous than ducking mortars in Iraq :blush:

Lesson #3: Don't look for a house in a sandstorm!

John

Real Estate lesson in the Middle East: Can't buy houses here unless you are a Kuwaiti.
Can't you just wrap a towel around your head and grow a goatee? Who'll know? :blush:

Can't you just wrap a towel around your head and grow a goatee? Who'll know? :)

The last thing I need is to get my butt shot by my own soldiers :blush:

If I see an insurgent, I'll just show them a picture of you in the speedo.

We must really be confusing Craig.

Uh, yea that John B) . Been in Kuwait since June and back to Iraq in Sept. :(

Lesson #2: Driving in Kuwait is more dangerous than ducking mortars in Iraq B)

Lesson #3: Don't look for a house in a sandstorm!

John

You can definitely buy property in Kuwait and not be Kuwaiti. It is all about money. They also believe in the 99 year mortgage.

As for your question about setting up a corp here in NJ. Yes, I live in NJ. If I were to incorporate an LLC, I would do it in Delaware. Delaware has advantages that NV does not such as $50 annual resident agent fee for the life of the corporation and setting classes of distribution within your LLC for estate planning purposes.

Keep in mind that if your property is in NJ, no matter what state you incorporate in, you will need to file a foreign corporation in your home state to protect your assets.

Daniel Ng, JD/LL.B

Foreign Exchange Speculator

http://www.tradetheyen.com

I've gone in circles with this topic. Ultimitely my accountant pursauded me to terminate my NV corp. Keep in mind several things. When you have a corp in NV you must have a resident agant, must have "a place of doing business" (there are services you can hire for this), and pay NV fees every year. Also you must still register you Corp in your state. Check your state requirements. I know CA charges $900 a year to do business with an out of state corp.

i too have a question about creating and LLC or corp........should this be done before i start doing any deals or is it just a good idea to have.....obvisously to proctect me.

my friend just bought a LLC online for $600, and he has one rental in ATL......renting with section 8

i too have a question about creating and LLC or corp........should this be done before i start doing any deals or is it just a good idea to have.....obvisously to proctect me.

my friend just bought a LLC online for $600, and he has one rental in ATL......renting with section 8

$600 for an LLC in Georgia? Why?? I did a quick look on the GA Secretary of State website, and the cost is only $100.

i my friend just bought a LLC online for $600, and he has one rental in ATL......renting with section 8

$600 for an LLC in Georgia? Why?? I did a quick look on the GA Secretary of State website, and the cost is only $100.

Jimmy Carters from that state and thats Peanuts...remember those interest rates Michael.

should this be done before i start doing any deals or is it just a good idea to have.....obvisously to proctect me.

It's a personal call, really.

I did deals before I set up my LLC.

Go out and do your first few deals, see if you like the business, and then make

your decision accordingly.

Good luck.