The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Reaching listed sellers

If it cost me .51 to send something in the mail I would be hitting the door with a flyer for .10 per door. Just do 5-10K per run.
.51 per postcard is pretty steep, Doug. What does the Government do with all that income??

.51 per postcard is pretty steep, Doug. What does the Government do with all that income??
Pay former MPs a million bucks a year for the rest of their lives.

Things have changed since my last post in this thread though. I no longer send any postcards out because I'm getting all the houses I can handle--for free--from craigslist.

Still working on the selling side though.

Nice Doug - Craigslist is sweet!

Jonathan-

Any good responces, leads or deals from your 1468 personalized post cards sent out in mid August?

Yeah, Craig's List definitely rocks. But it has become more and more a bulletin board for Realtors listings, it seems, at least in my area. It can be frustating and time consuming to read through 100 ads and find 80 of them are listed properties. :angry:

The first time I e-blasted the craigslist ads I tried to screen out the realtors, but I got a few anyway because their ads didn't say they were realtors. As it turns out I got 2 deals from those realtors and shortly afterwards tried getting deals from realtors specificially and succeeded!

So now I just email everything that looks good regardless of whether it's an owner or realtor. Realtors and I actually LIKE working with each other :angry:

The first time I e-blasted the craigslist ads I tried to screen out the realtors, but I got a few anyway because their ads didn't say they were realtors. As it turns out I got 2 deals from those realtors and shortly afterwards tried getting deals from realtors specificially and succeeded!

So now I just email everything that looks good regardless of whether it's an owner or realtor. Realtors and I actually LIKE working with eachother :angry:

I see you marrying a Realtor one day, Doug, and having the reception in a Century 21 office.

I believe this is one disadvantage to having a license (but there are a billion reasons TO have your license).

I don't believe it goes well with the Code of Ethics to communicate with properties that are listed unless your under the "impression" that they might not be listed any more (expired).

I don't believe it goes well with the Code of Ethics to communicate with properties that are listed unless your under the "impression" that they might not be listed any more (expired).

How is it working with your Realtor to send out Letter of Intents to OVERPRICED properties that have been sitting on the MLS for 6 months or more UNETHICAL?

You're are basically giving them an offer that you're (me) willing to pay for.

EVERYONE wins. The Realtor still gets his commission.

So, tell me again how this goes against the Code of Ethics to Communicate?

Cheers,

WCG

I did a estimate of a 4 color postacrds this is the result. I can mail 100 for $36.00 of equal size and 4 color gloss (quantum mail). That includes mail and printing.

* denotes a required field

Paper Type * -- select -- Postcard Stock

Number of Domestic Pieces *

Number of International Pieces

Color Options * -- select -- Black and WhiteFull ColorSpot Color - MagentaSpot Color - RedSpot Color - BlueSpot Color - Green

Mail Class * First Class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category Description Unit Price Quantity Amount

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Production Costs Printing and finishing for Postcard - Two-Sided using Full Color($0.162) as double-sided on Postcard Stock($0.056) $0.217 100 $21.74

Production Costs subtotal $21.74

Postage Costs Postage (Automation first class card) $0.204 100 $20.40

Postage Costs subtotal $20.40

Total Price $42.14

Close the window