The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

World's Greatest Salesman

A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to a big department store looking for a job.

The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The kid says, "Yeah, I was a salesman back home in Texas."

Well, the boss liked the kid, so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down. “How many sales did you make today?"

The kid says, "One."

The boss says, "Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?"

Kid says, "$101,237.64."

Boss says, "$101,237.64? What did you sell him?"

Kid says, "First I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fish hook. Then I sold him a larger fish hook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing, and he said down at the coast, so I told him he was gonna need a boat, so we went down to the boat department, and I sold him that twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to

the automotive department and sold him that 4X4 Blazer."

The boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and a truck?"

Kid says, "No, he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Well, since your weekend's shot, you might as well go fishing."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I thought it was funny.............

Michael:

I like it!! There's also a good lesson on 'salesmanship'. Perhaps when someone wants to l/o a 3/2 home, we could l/o a skyscraper?? ^_^

Anyways, it was good!! Thanks for sharing it!

Sincerely,

Andrew

Guest Rat_Race_Hater(ImAnEagle)

:):D:lol::lol::D

That is so funny!!!

I knew there was a good reason why I dont buy my woman her Tampons!

Also, never underestimate the power of persuasion! Women do it all the time...

Wanna go get a cheeseburger? Wanna go to the club together? Can I be your girl friend if we kiss? Im a good cook, lets live together. Im content but I would be HAPPY if you buy me a ring! Weve been engaged a while now, lets get married!

Oh man and they hook us good with their persuasion techniques concerning Lets Have a Baby! Not dogging women.....they are just great salespeople.

Guest mamasanta26

No, we are simply irrisistable!! And we know it, so we can get what we want, even though I am not that kind of woman.

mamasanta26,

Long time no post...good to see you back or have you just been lurking.