The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Direct Mail Marketing

Ok, direct mail is up and running! Trying Landvoice and USPS doing it the way Johnathan mentions here in this thread.

I managed to fit the intro. flyer on a post card along with my logo and will give it a try. I have about 500 FSBO listings in my area to start working on and receive daily emails with new FSBO listings.

I did recieve one call, as I sent out a small test mailing last week to a few not quite motivated enough sellers I have already spoken with.

So here goes..........

Steve and John,

Im just getting the all my tools together to get a post card campaign through usps and land voice. But wanted to get an opinion on a postcard message. I like the idea of using Michaels Lease option info but what does that entail. I have his manual and all the documents. I like Michael Q'S idea of "we buy houses" in bright colors also. What other guidelines for meessages should i be aware of before i get this thing going.

Thanks

Dion,

I make the message personalized. I call them by name and also place the address in the Text of the card. I don't use flashy colors. I use courier font.

Dear Jonahtan Rexford,

My company is interested in buying your property located at 837 8th Street in Vero Beach. We buy several houses each month and we’re looking to buy more in this area. Should you have any interest in selling quickly and easily at a fair price, please call us at 772-321-2290. You can also visit us at www.jonbuyahome.com to submit “property information” form and get the ball rolling.

If you’re not interested in selling this property now, please keep this card for future reference. We have purchased several houses throughout the Treasure Coast and we may be a perfect solution for selling your property.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Rexford

Hey Jonathan, when you get a call from one of those cards do you typically buy for cash at a discount or take over their payments, or lease purchase, or what?

Doug,

Most of my mail goes to homes that are designed with lots of equity. So it can be all of what you had posted plus owner finance. I have a list of 9,000 names that post goes out to. I mail 3,000 per month and then rotate the list.

Doug, Off this list I will get 5-10 calls and buy one home. Sometimes I won't get any that month but the following month there will be two. It is a list that I am focusing on getting 0% interest financing from sellers.

Dear Jonahtan Rexford,

My company is interested in buying your property located at 837 8th Street in Vero Beach. We buy several houses each month and we’re looking to buy more in this area. Should you have any interest in selling quickly and easily at a fair price, please call us at 772-321-2290. You can also visit us at www.jonbuyahome.com to submit “property information” form and get the ball rolling.

If you’re not interested in selling this property now, please keep this card for future reference. We have purchased several houses throughout the Treasure Coast and we may be a perfect solution for selling your property.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Rexford

Hi Jonathan..

Have you tried including a take a way close or inputting urgency into the letter to increase the response?

I have used tag lines such as FREE GIFT or "If you want full price don't call me" or TWO HOUSES TO BUY THIS MONTH....etc.....I must say that it did not matter.

What did help was that if I did not buy your house that I would give you a FREE 20.00 walmart card if I was come to see.

What was interesting is that I got all the NO EQUITY CALLS.

What was interesting is that I got all the NO EQUITY CALLS.

Hey Jonathan,

Do you ever try to work no equity homes? I know that makes no sense from an investor's standpoint, but some of these "deals" may lend themselves to be positive monthly cash-flowers if the rent vs mortgage payments balance out. Granted, if a bailout were ever needed, the property could be a headache.

On a different note, regarding direct mail, my partner and I are always kickin around new marketing ideas and such. Well, tonight I was cutting my hair and noticed a picture of a happily married newlywed couple in the newspaper (I use newspapers to catch my hair, in case you're wondering B) ) and I thought "huh, most newlyweds (or newly-engageds) are realtively young, might have "virgin" credit, are in entry-level positions, etc., etc., etc. If I could get a mailer to them once their engagement notice/marriage license announcement is made public, I might be able to grab a piece of business."

Thoughts???

Chris

Chris,

I don't like doing no equity deals. No reason to do so. If you have a home that is worth and owed 100K and the PITI is 800.00. Let just say your rent on that is 1,100.00. Assumptions are that you have 300.00 cashflow. But in reality you have $25.00 cashflow. You see the banks know something in this department. That is why they only give investors income credit of 75% on rentals. Sure some of us are better property managers.

As far as your direct mail question that is an excellent source that I am sure no one is mailing to. In the past I attempted to mail but was not able to hunt down the list. I did however get a list from people who had recent births. That was a list that I mailed to. Great thinking outside the box there.