The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

Direct mail listings

I just sent out postcards to listed homes for sale and got 15% returned pastcards due to vacant addresses. I had a program to scrub the address for available delivery addresses. Does anyone have good ideas they use to clean a list etc or resources they uses. Cards looked great 4 color gloss etc. I purchased, printed and mailed first class for 34 cents each. A small batch of hundred+. All are targeted addresses 15% of the homes must have sold.

So I must assume 15% of these houses have sold or moved on in life.

Holy crap you're lucky! We sent out 1500 and NO JOKE at least 1000 came back vacant! Moved on? Sold? How about FORECLOSED!? Welcome to HELL...er, Michagan..."the other 3rd world country". :)

What are you doing to keep you busy in "hell"?

I reckon anything is possible, seeing that "hell" has officially

froze over. (Snowing in Michigan).

;)

:)

I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to buy all the houses you want,

but what to do when you're ready to sell 'em?

So...

whatcha been up to?

I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to buy all the houses you want,

but what to do when you're ready to sell 'em?

So...

whatcha been up to?

Exactly that. Trying to sell them. That used to be the easy part, but now it's the....kinda...hard part. Lots of work goes into moving property in MI. ESPECIALLY if you're licensed!!! :)

Holy crap you're lucky! We sent out 1500 and NO JOKE at least 1000 came back vacant! Moved on? Sold? How about FORECLOSED!? Welcome to HELL...er, Michagan..."the other 3rd world country". :)

Adam:

Thanks for the support. I thought I was just loading my mailbox and wasting money.

Holy crap you're lucky! We sent out 1500 and NO JOKE at least 1000 came back vacant! Moved on? Sold? How about FORECLOSED!? Welcome to HELL...er, Michagan..."the other 3rd world country". :o

Adam:

Thanks for the support. I thought I was just loading my mailbox and wasting money.

Here's a tidbit: On your next mailing under your return mailing address write/type "Return Service Requested" or "Address Service Requested" check out what the USPS says:

http://www.usps.com/ncsc/addressservices/moveupdate/ace.htm

You get the forwarding address for free!!

We Buckeyes know our way around the mailing system... ;)

Also, why don't you find the sellers? No other investor knows how to find them so they'll just move on. Try www.findtheseller.com Granted, if you're already swimming in properties, then I can see why waste the time, but hey.

~Naomi