The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Rich08

Cheapest For Sale Signs

I have gotten tired of my fsbo signs that I place at my pure option houses blowing away or being pulled down. So I am looking for the cheapest way to put up for sale signs. I have looked at the normal sites (witness designs, supercheapsigns.com, etc) and they are all around $5 a piece (18x24, double sided with a phone number preprinted) plus stakes. If that is how much they are all then so be it. But I always like to find the best deal I can. Plus I am tired of buying the frames at Home Depot that are messed and bent after just one use. Any suggestions on where the best House For Sale or FSBO signs are?

I'm lazy. Was hoping to just buy them ready to go in the ground. Phone number and all already to go.

Harbor Sales

800- 345 1712

This is the cheapest place to buy signs. We have tried pre-printed but they cost too much money and it makes you look like a business or an Agent, depending on what the sign says. May seem like a savvy real estate investor, snobbish, and who wants to deal with them? Best result we seen is hand written with different colors if you are using white signs. Usually we place about 30 signs per property, so keeping the cost down is important. Best of luck.

I have gotten tired of my fsbo signs that I place at my pure option houses blowing away or being pulled down. So I am looking for the cheapest way to put up for sale signs. I have looked at the normal sites (witness designs, supercheapsigns.com, etc) and they are all around $5 a piece (18x24, double sided with a phone number preprinted) plus stakes. If that is how much they are all then so be it. But I always like to find the best deal I can. Plus I am tired of buying the frames at Home Depot that are messed and bent after just one use. Any suggestions on where the best House For Sale or FSBO signs are?

What do you use for the marker or paint? Does it stand out?

Happy Holidays

Craig

I'm lazy. Was hoping to just buy them ready to go in the ground. Phone number and all already to go.

Harbor Sales

800- 345 1712

This is the cheapest place to buy signs. We have tried pre-printed but they cost too much money and it makes you look like a business or an Agent, depending on what the sign says. May seem like a savvy real estate investor, snobbish, and who wants to deal with them? Best result we seen is hand written with different colors if you are using white signs. Usually we place about 30 signs per property, so keeping the cost down is important. Best of luck.

Here's just my 2 cents worth!

You could go to a print shop and buy just plain white coroplast signs.

Next, you could buy those cut-out letter templates (they need to be LARGE) and then buy a few bright colours of spray paint (I suggest red as the colour).

Next, I would forego the stakes. I would use a role of wire - thin (get from a hardware store). Then make two slits in the the coroplast a 1/2 inch to an inch each vertically (up and down) but make sure that they are a 2 to 3 inches apart. Then cut your piece of wire. Each end of the wire goes from front to back through the two slits. Then tie them to a post.

Make sure that the wire is a long enough to go around the pole and enough left to tie it off. (I suggest to make one sample to test the lenghth of the wire and and then use that piece to cut and make as many as you need).

If your signs start to disappear, put something slimmy (eg., vasaline or something else) on the sides of the signs as to discourage people from taking them down.

That should do the trick -- cheap, quick and effective?

Try a few and let us know how it worked out.

I know they worked well for me when I had them done up professionally with Red on White and tied them to the pole.

Good luck!

WCG

Here is what we do. We buy 18"x24" Coroplast from a Wholesale Sign supply. Then I buy the metal step stakes. Total cost I have is about $1.20 per sign. Then I use MARKERS. The big kind to write our message. We can do about 60 in two hrs.

I've also used electrical wire to tie my signs to poles. It's very cheap but doesn't work quite as well as cable ties, sometimes the sign will twist in the wind if you're not careful about twisting the wire very tight.

If there's no convenient pole where I want to put my sign I'll use wood stakes from Home Depot for $0.60 a piece.

I'm using hand-written signs with black and red markers on white background.

I've also priced out professionally printed signs using a hand-writing font. If you choose the right font it will look like you did it your self but saves you the time.

I've also priced out professionally printed signs using a hand-writing font. If you choose the right font it will look like you did it your self but saves you the time.

This is more of what I was looking for too. I just hate spending my time making my own signs.

Why the hand-writing font? Do you believe that signs that look home made really bring in more buyers? I have never compared this myself, so I really have no idea. If it does Imaybe I will give it a shot. My signs have pretty much brought in mostly junk. Mostly my signs just help people find the house when I send them over to take a look. This is largely why I hate to waste any time on the signs themselves. I would almost rather waste money instead.

Yes, home-made looking signs definitely work better for me, to the tune of double the calls. I also get mountains of tire-kickers but voicemail and the website takes care of them. And I'm a firm believer that the quality is in the quantity.

Can you please post a pic of one? lol I really wanna see just how "home made" they are. I just can't believe it works lol, just seems to be against the normal thinking if you know what I mean. And I'm gonna be needin some signs so I like the idea doing it yourself on the cheap.

Can you please post a pic of one? lol I really wanna see just how "home made" they are. I just can't believe it works lol, just seems to be against the normal thinking if you know what I mean. And I'm gonna be needin some signs so I like the idea doing it yourself on the cheap.

post-1-1166213784.jpg