The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Rich08

Cheapest For Sale Signs

Ok, that pic did NOT work the way I had intended for it, so please forgive the lousy upload. Michael, if you want to take it down, you're welcome to it.

That's an example of my sign used for the pain in the $@% house I finally L/O'd. The sign was shooting for an end buyer (the owner signed an option with me first, then went with the L/O). It was these signs that drew my L/O tenant.

Anyway, it gives you an idea of what we mean by handwritten. Now this is 2 18"x24" coroplast signs taped together & nailed with 1/2" roofing nails to the wood stakes. I put up "directionals" of the same coroplast signs, I just cut them in half with a box cutter and used 24" stakes instead of the 36" ones this sign has. And I put out no less than a dozen directionals. Also, at the main intersection to get into this neighborhood I put up a full size 18"x24" sign with arrows all over it, as well as the general offer & ph#.

Again, Michael, I'm sorry the stupid pic didn't upload small like I intended it. If you want to pull it down, I understand.

~Naomi

Ok, that pic did NOT work the way I had intended for it, so please forgive the lousy upload. Michael, if you want to take it down, you're welcome to it.. . .Again, Michael, I'm sorry the stupid pic didn't upload small like I intended it. If you want to pull it down, I understand.

~Naomi

Not a problem, Naomi. The magic of Photoshop and the image is scaled down to size.

(PS: That picture was big! It could've hung in the Louvre! ;))

Well here you go. Mine is better :o
That guy on the left, Jonathan, is he from The Soprano's central casting? :o I get it. You intimidate people into buying houses from you. You make them an offer they dare not refuse. Nice angle, Tony.

Hey Jonathan, where do you get markers that thick? That sure would save a lot of time! I've been using regular sized markers and I have to go over it 3 or 4 times to widen everything so the sign can actually be read!

Doug,

I placed the pic up for awhile. I had to take it down. We are actually writing an e-book for getting buyers, for realtors, mtg brokers and investors. It will be in the book. Sorry and I hope you understand.

I've also used electrical wire to tie my signs to poles. It's very cheap but doesn't work quite as well as cable ties, sometimes the sign will twist in the wind if you're not careful about twisting the wire very tight.

If there's no convenient pole where I want to put my sign I'll use wood stakes from Home Depot for $0.60 a piece.

I'm using hand-written signs with black and red markers on white background.

I've also priced out professionally printed signs using a hand-writing font. If you choose the right font it will look like you did it your self but saves you the time.

I use (2) plastic wire ties 2 through the sign and tied together in the back. It will stay there for a long time. No agent will have the tools to remove that.