The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Grf1974

Do you love it?

Do you love working in REI for a living? And why? If you could do anything else for a living what would it be...realistically? What are some things you dislike about REI?

Do you love working in REI for a living? And why? If you could do anything else for a living what would it be...realistically? What are some things you dislike about REI?

I guess I hate how flooded it seems sometimes. And I hate when "Gurus" implement gimmicks into the business just to sell a $hi*&y course.

I probably would have finished school, and went into Mechanical Engineering and tried to have built a performance shop for cars and such. I love working on stuff, and building things. I'll still do it one day as a hobby or when I do have the money, maybe help someone get their own shop started just so I can be a part of it! That would be cool!

What about you Gerald?

Do you love working in REI for a living? And why?
Yes. I love the freedom of my schedule, and the lifestyle it has afforded me. I love no bosses on my back, and not commuting to an office. I love it when I am able to bail a homeowner out who needs my help.
If you could do anything else for a living what would it be...realistically?
A chef, or a commodity futures trader.
What are some things you dislike about REI?
Attorneys.
And I hate when "Gurus" implement gimmicks into the business just to sell a $hi*&y course.
Wow! I didn't think my manual was that bad. B)

And I hate when "Gurus" implement gimmicks into the business just to sell a $hi*&y course.
Wow! I didn't think my manual was that bad. :P

B) It was ok at best... :o