The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Andrew Ikeda

Look at these ads from the newspaper

Hello Fellow Investors:

Thought I'd share some ads from an old paper and solicite some comments from all of you. Please tell me what you think.

I left out the phone numbers and website addresses for legal and moral reasons. Please understand I'm not trying to knock or belittle someones ad or methods, just curious to know how effective they may be.

Ad #1

BEST CASH OFFER

for your home. (phone)

(Web address)

Ad #2

A better offer for your Fixer!

Cash. Private Party. Call ----, (phone)

(Web address)

Ad #3

We Buy Ugly! Fast Cash! (Name) (phone)

Ad #4

I buy and Lease houses. Any area, any cond, any price 800-XXX-XXXX

Ad #5

I'll pay all cash and close quickly if you will accept 50% of appraisal. Any condition, all areas. Call (name) or (name) (phone)

If someone knows if these work I'd be interested in knowing!

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Andrew

Andrew, the best gauge of whether or not an ad works is to watch the frequency it runs. If you consistently see an ad in the newspaper that is telling you that it is effectively pulling phone calls.

On the other hand, if you see an ad once or twice, and then don't see it again, it apparently didn't work.

There are many factors at work with the effectiveness of an ad. The area of the country, the time of the year, the length of time you give it to run, etc. Truth is, the best way to learn what works for you is to try different advertisements and keep careful records as to their effectiveness. In a short while you should be able to make an informed decision as to which ads gives you the best bang for your buck.

Keep in mind that any ad is better than no advertising. In other words: market, market, and market some more!!