The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mamasanta25

newspaper ad

Is this ad missing anything important? This is the one I am going to place this coming Sunday.

STOP RENTING, START OWNING!!!!

RENT TO OWN!!! Low down, No qual,

1500 sq ft, 2 BR condo, Pewaukee

$1200/mo (XXX)XXX-XXXX

(I don't know if they put the /mo, I will have to make sure)

but say they have only $1200, is it really a big deal?

I wanted to change the wording in this ad since it is my third attempt to advertise in the same exact paper. I tried a variation of sections. First this renting/housing sale, which is a separate section, next the homes for sale section, and now this renting/housing sale again. This is the one that got the best response rate. Well, let me know what you think about the above ad. It's from Michael's manual, but not all important info is in there because it gets too expensive. I'm already paying 55 dollars just for the above ad.

Samantha, personally, I would drop that first line: STOP RENTING, START OWNING!!!!, and go with:

Rent to Own! 50% rent credit!!

Terms! Motivated! Great opty!

2BR, 1500sf, Pewaukee

$1,200/mo. phone number

Of course, there is no one "correct" ad to run. Feel free to tweak this to suit your preferences. The best education is experience. You'll know what works best for you as you try different ads over the long haul. I would run it in the section that has so far generated the best response.

Guest Guest

It always makes me laugh just seeing how a couple changes in words really can make a big difference, even when you are taking words out. Michael has a great way of putting things together because of his years of experience, but for those of you who don't have the years of experience, here's a little tip: K.I.S.S - keep it simple stupid. Not to degrade anyone, but keep everything you do simple and to the point. After you put down something on paper, go through it 3 times before you send it out. Be your own critic and think about what you really need and what you really don't. Always...Always...Always....think about who you are selling your information to and what their needs are, then tailor your efforts to them.

A very famous advertising guru always said..."I don't think of the masses, I think of one person and market to that one person"

So keep it simple and you really will start thinking smarter, not harder.

You guys writing this stuff down ;) this is quality material over here :D ! hahaha, hope you all have a great memorial weekend.