The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nck-mail

Getting More of Your TBers Financed

Surely someone's mentioned this somewhere on this forum, but I haven't seen it so I thought I'd mention it.

I've teamed up with a law firm whose exclusive business is cleaning up people's credit. Yeah, I know, there are lots of credit repair companies out there, but a couple of reasons I decided to affiliate with them are:

1) My mortgage broker highly recommended them to me to work with my TBers & those people on my buyers list. That broker has a couple programs where their buyers are required to go through the program.

2) They're an actual law firm, not just a credit repair company. This was the clincher for me.

3) A nice perk, though not the clincher, is that they have an affiliate program.

Right now, the TBer in the SLO I reported in another post is on it & she's starting with hideous credit - a lot of it wrong & what appears to be a merged report (her Experian report states 2 different SS#'s). She just started a couple weeks ago & has told me they waste no time in getting to work.

I've put it in my option contract with future TBers that getting in the credit repair program is required if they work with me. It costs $99 + $39 or $59 per month. I haven't decided on a minimum time yet, though I'm thinking 5 months, depending on the TBer.

The company is Lexington Law (www.lexingtonlaw.com)

LOVE the Christmas decorations in the forum.

~Naomi

Hi Naomi

I have used Lexington not a good idea. The will get deletions but they are also notorious for re-insertions. I believe that if you do the cleanup yourself you are less likely to screw it up again. You also get the benefits of being a more informed consumer. Also, the credit reporting agencies tend to recognize when you are using a cleanup agency and reject most of your disputes. I posted a link to a board that I have been involved with for years, www.creditboards.com. There is no fast, easy way to credit cleanup, it's a lot of reading and learning the laws, which believe it or not favor the consumer. I think using Lexington is a waste of money and you should teach your T/B'rs how to do it themselves. When their reports are clean they will appreciate it alot more. You know the old saying teach a man to fish...

Good luck and Happy Holidays,

Bobbi

Hi Naomi

I have used Lexington not a good idea. The will get deletions but they are also notorious for re-insertions. I believe that if you do the cleanup yourself you are less likely to screw it up again. You also get the benefits of being a more informed consumer. Also, the credit reporting agencies tend to recognize when you are using a cleanup agency and reject most of your disputes. I posted a link to a board that I have been involved with for years, www.creditboards.com. There is no fast, easy way to credit cleanup, it's a lot of reading and learning the laws, which believe it or not favor the consumer. I think using Lexington is a waste of money and you should teach your T/B'rs how to do it themselves. When their reports are clean they will appreciate it alot more. You know the old saying teach a man to fish...

Good luck and Happy Holidays,

Bobbi

Sign in to follow this