The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
option8

Are you asking for referrals?

A reminder:

As you are meeting with sellers and potential buyers and you are taking your leave, don't forget to ask for referrals.

Can you buy their house? Ask for referrals...

Can't buy their house? Offer something to help and Ask for referrals...

I say something like this:

To the sellers-

Thank you for taking the time to show me your property (as I walk away). Oh and by the way (as if this is a complete afterthought), If you should hear of someone having difficulty selling thier house, let them know about our services. I gave you my card, didn't I? We have an easy way for you to enter these leads on our website and we do pay a referral fee. We'd appreciate your leads!

If I know I can't take a house, I do generously offer suggestion to the seller of other things they haven't considered. I let them think I've let them in on some inside information (I probably shouldn't tell you this stuff, but have you considered ...) They feel truly grateful that you have given them this extra assistance. Believe it or not, they call me back and thank me for helping them see some other alternatives. Now I can say: I'm really happy I could help. By the way, if you or your friends know of any one... or If you see any FSBO signs, would you let me know? I just need the phone number and address.

Why is this so important?

It costs you nothing and can pay huge rewards.

We are getting several leads weekly in our email box. We probably have 6 folks sending us referrals.

It gets you instant credibility. Don't you put more stock in a referral from a friend or aquaintance based on their experience.

It is also lowering dramatically the number of dials you'll have to do.

Remember to Ask for the business.

Much success in your investing...

option8

Sign in to follow this