The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
TPSG, LLC

The email marketing instruction course!!!!!!

MC and other Friends--

I know I've seen it posted before on the board, but could you re-suggest responses to owners who like the whole L/P idea until they find out their equity is in the property until the option is exercised?

I know that one response might be: "With interest rates so low, why not get a home equity loan to free up some equity?" If tried that but folks respond that it's too much trouble...they want the equity now. What are some others?

Thanks,

Mike P. :(

The Legal Eagle

My reply:

"I understand Mr. Jones. I prefer cash myself, actually. However, may I make one suggestion? Have you considered refinancing your existing mortgage? With rates as low as they are today you may very well end up with a lower monthly payment while at the same time pulling out the cash you need to move on to your new home. This will save you time and money and enable you to move today without having to hassle with the sale of your home right now."

If they tell you, again, "No! We just want to sell it and cash out now!", then it's safe to assume they aren't interested and it's time to move on.

If they say something along the lines of, "Hmmm, I didn't think of that. That's not a bad idea.", well, now you may be on to something. At that point I'd ask for a phone number, call them, and have a detailed conversation about all of this.

Mike, if suggesting a refi gets a response that "it's too much trouble", I must assume there is neither motivation nor interest in anything but a traditional sale. File it away and call back in a month or six weeks.

However, if you are feeling gutsy, why not embellish your answer when you hear that response? Reminding the sellers about the tax advantages that the property will afford them might help. Or, noting the additional monthly income they'll be receiving may make a difference. And talking about the substantially higher net price they will receive when selling their house with a lease purchase might move a homeowner over to your side.

Finally, it's important for all of us to remember that not every homeowner is going to roll over and smile broadly over lease purchasing, or any creative real estate, for that matter. There are those who simply want a traditional sale, and that's that. Don't fight 'em. You'll end up with no deal but alot of frustration and discouragement.

Thanks, MC!

Just wanted to confirm that I wasn't missing something here...

Mike P :lol:

The Legal Eagle

Not true at all. :lol:

And here's why:

People who have moved and can't sell home

People divorcing

People with multiple properties in different states

Tired landlords

Poor investors

Tired investors

All of these types of people are willing...at least more willing...to take payments and be happy. If you call 100 people, I guarantee 80% will want cash, but regarding the email marketing list or even just calling FSBO's, time is the best factor you can have. The best advice you will ever receive is from me <_< "Keep a running list of every single FSBO and email FSBO you contact for 3 months!"

Yep, 3 months. Keep every single person's contact info that you talk to who's says they want full cash or need to sell now. Then in 1 month (one mortage payment), call them back and just drop a line to see how they are doing. If they have sold, then take off list. If they haven't, then remind yourself to check back in another month (two mortgage payments starts to equal motivation) and so on. You will find that the more months that go by, the more motivated sellers you will have at your disposal...BECAUSE, most of these FSBO's are now out of the papers and lists so no one is calling them, except for you.

Like Natalie (option8) and many others have said before, it is a game of numbers, that is all.

And the best part, just like blackjack or gambling, if you use certain techniques, it is easy to increase your odds over everyone else, includes the banks (i.e. life).

Oh yeah and if all else fails, start over.

The best advice you will ever receive is from me  "Keep a running list of every single FSBO and email FSBO you contact for 3 months!"

Thanks Christian, that's very helpful.

Like Natalie (option8) and many others have said before, it is a game of numbers, that is all.

option8 is the Bomb! What a wealth of information and assistance!!

Mike P. :lol:

The Legal Eagle

Just a quick update, I sent out 24 email and received 15 responses. I'm still going thru the emails. :

yeah I looked at the dates on the ones in my area and they were old to.  Ya would think if you sold your house you would get tired of phone calls 4 yrs later :unsure:

Tony

Hey Doug,

When you emailed the realtors, what happened??

Thanks,

Akin

Just a quick update, I sent out 24 email and received 15 responses. I'm still going thru the emails. :

Wow! When you're hot, you're hot! Don't let the iron chill. Follow up, Alan, and see who is serious and who is curious.

I am wondering why this thread just died suddenly. We never heard if people got deals from all those responses : /

There aren't a lot of fsbos in my area but I will go into a nearby neighborhood about 45 mins from here.

I'd love to hear how email mkting is working for you

Thank you for this suggestion. Please send the list of FSBO's to us. We will also keep this forum informed about successes and anything we do creatively that brings positive results.

I am wondering why this thread just died suddenly. We never heard if people got deals from all those responses : /

There aren't a lot of fsbos in my area but I will go into a nearby neighborhood about 45 mins from here.

I'd love to hear how email mkting is working for you

Wow, Dee, you've awakened a 9 year old thread! :o . . .which should serve as a reminder to everyone: be careful what you say or do on the internet. It's forever. Time to pull down those pics from the frat party. :blush:

Email marketing is what I primarily do for locating my deals. It's fast, it's free, and it's time efficient. Like all marketing, it can be hit or miss. But done persistently it will produce results. Later on today I am meeting with a homeowner who has three vacant properties she wants my help with, as a result of my emailing one of her online ads.

Melodee, you wrote that there weren't many FSBOs in your area. In real estate crazy CA? That surprises me.

• Like 1

lmao! Glad I never had those crazy pictures put up on the web :P

To clarify Michael, not many properties under 1.5 mil. But that was just one site. There are several in areas pretty close by. I just started to look. I am re-reading the course.

This isn't rocket science but to a newbie to this niche understanding how and why I'm offering a CA takes a bit of learning. The forms are what I need to practice the most with. I can talk to the most difficult person face to face or on the phone but sit me down with a form to fill out properly and I choke-----gack! :blink:

PropertyMagnets

Here are the FSBO sites that were posted those many years ago; I found that some aren't around anymore. You can find more with a G search.

www.virtualfsbo.com

www.homeportfoliojunction.com

www.onlinerealtysales.com

www.2buyhomes.net

www.forsalebyowner.com

www.byowner.com

www.owners.com

www.allthelistings.com

www.forsalebyowner.com

www.US4salebyowner.com

www.fsbo.com

www.fsbon.com

www.UShousefinders.com

www.freelistings.com

www.helpusell.com

www.fsboonline.com

www.nofeelistings.com

www.privatesalerealty.com

www.privateforsale.com

Michael thank you for sharing your encouraging email mkting story :D

Wow, I sent out 12 emails and got 3 responses! This is too much fun. We'll see what comes of these; 3 completely different scenarios. Lots to learn ; >

This email strategy is the bomb! I sent out 25 emails last night and got 3 back last night. One guy wrote a story answering ALL the questions in the script and giving even more information. Let's continue to use and NOT abuse this wonderful resource. Thanks to everyone who made this possible!