The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
TPSG, LLC

The email marketing instruction course!!!!!!

Guest Guest_Brad

Thanks for the e-mail marketing ideas, they work great. I sent out about 50+ e-mails 3 hours ago and have already recieved 4 replys.

However, I do have a question. I am not an investor or a Realtor, I am a loan officer. Do you have any suggestions on how I could tweak this approach to generate leads for loans. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

Thanks again

Brad

Hello to all,

Email marketing is very interesting...congrats to all on the successes! :P

Out here in California, I think we may have a different situation. The "spammers" are rampant and they've pretty much ruined email marketing for everyone! Every day I get 300-500 spam email on my business account. :o In the past I bought email lists and marketed to them for educational seminars in my "day job" but its getting tough because folks are just clearing their inboxes out without reading the mail if they don't recognize the name of the sender. :lol:

I'm glad the situation is different in other parts of the country! :) Market On!

Mike P. B)

The Legal Eagle

pinkerton, I know the feeling for those spam-weary interneters, I was getting to the point of not allowing emails from anyone I hadn't preapproved. But then I got McAfee's spamkiller and now I simply scan through the headings and delete everything that looks like spam. Unfortunately I occasionally delete an email that I shouldn't have, LOL!

Hi Doug,

That's the problem...the spammers in California use regular sounding names so if you're doing an email marketing campaign there's a real dilemma. To open or not to open? And with the number of seemingly legitimate emails in your in box, it could literally take several hours a day just weeding through them. :lol:

Spammers are killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

Mike P. :P

The Legal Eagle

I receive about 50 to 75 pieces of spam each day. Almost all of them promise to enlarge this body part, or reduce that body part, or swear by a lil' magic pill they are offering to make me a Love God. Sigh.......I wonder if someone's been talking about me?? Excuse me while I go talk to Mrs. C........

• Like 1

pinkerton, no kidding! I don't pay any attention to the names I look at the subjects, but sometimes they use innocent lines there too. The spamkiller I'm using allows you to preview the message without downloading anything or activating any links. With that it's easy to spot the spams from the real emails.

Well, that's the great part about the email marketing system. All you put is "Is your house still for sale?" in the subject line, and it's guaranteed to get opened.

You are directly affecting something that is close and important and relative to them, so in their/our mind it would be stupid to not just check it out. That is why you need to make the quick questions, simple, personable, and honest. You will get a reply from tons if you do that..even ones from 4 years ago! Now that's funny. :lol:

Christian, I ended up with a response of about 10% and they were all sold. The most recent was a year old.

The problem, Doug, is not with the email marketing method itself. The problem seems to lie with the email addresses you are obtaining from the various FSBO sites you are using to find them. Unfortunately, many of the online FSBO sites are poorly managed and rarely updated. This will result in outdated listings as you have discovered. Search for additional, better managed sites and try, try again.

Michael, part of the problem is also where I'm looking. There seem to be only a handful of people in Ontario who try to sell through these sites. It's ridiculous! There are over 500,000 people in my immediate market, you know how many FSBOs I've found online with email to contact them? One!

I thought I'd found something good with ushousefinders.com, there wasn't any more in my area, but spread over the province there were hundreds. Unfortunately those are the ones that are so out of date.

Ok I finally got one that's still for sale, been trying for 4 weeks. They're moving August 5th. It's in a city about 60 minutes away (not the one that's slow).

Since this is the only one I've got an email back from which is still for sale, I thought I'd better post it here and ask: What should I do next?

Call the RCMP and ask wtf is goin' on?? Ahem........

OK, Doug, cut it out and let's get serious. For starters, you have already contacted the homeowner via email, and they have replied? Is this correct? What did you ask, and what was the reply?

Correct. The email I sent was the one Christian suggested in the original post of this thread (i.e. is your home still for sale? how long has it been on the market? why are you selling?)

The answers are what I just posted: Yes it's still for sale. It's been on the market for 4 weeks. They're selling because they're moving August 5th.

And like I said, the house is in a town/city about 60 minutes away.

I would email them back and ask directly, "Would you be interested in selling your house on a lease purchase?"

Or, if you want to flesh it out a bit:

"I am interested in buying your house with a Lease Purchase.

A Lease Purchase holds many advantages for the seller:

No commissions to pay, (I am not a Realtor).

No closing costs, (Purchaser pays all).

You retain all tax benefits of ownership until the sale.

No maintenance or repairs to deal with, (we do it all).

No vacant property to be concerned about.

If you are interested in discussing additional Lease Purchase advantages, or possibly selling your house today, please contact me at........"

Then, see what reply you receive and we'll proceed from there.

Michael, well the reply took all of 5 minutes: "No, the funds will be used immediately to buy our new house."

I'm really starting to believe that investors are the only property owners that are willing to take payments.