The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Marketing L/O Consulting

MC, craigslist ads. And beyond confirming that it is a residential property, I don't check anything else before sending the initial email. When I get a response I'll deal with whatever and whoever it is at that time.

What sort of marketing are you doing specifically for your services as a Consultant?
Like Doug, for the Consulting marketing the initial email is the same one I always use: "Hi. I saw your property listed on (name of site) and was wondering if you'd be interested in selling it on a lease purchase?"

When the email is replied to, the second email is more detailed to the consulting side with a link to a Consulting web page somewhat similar to a flyer.

I've been hitting Craigslist also but try to only target owners. I haven't had much luck with realtors and investors lately as they only want to squeeze out what I'm doing.

The last few days, I have been slammed here localy, so that is were the time and energy has been. Just picked up the first SLO for the start of this year.

Steve,

A year or go or so we pushed consulting a much different way. In my opinion some of it was illegal. As a matter of fact, I had the MI state BAR contact me with allegations of acting as an attorney without a license. I sent them how I did business and they quickly let me off the hook. (I must have pissed someone off) Now my consultations (if and when I do them) are strictly informational only. I DO NOT fill out contracts for anyone or even make contractual suggestions!!! ONLY OPINIONS BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE! Kind of like this post! :lol:

If you're going to consult, just make sure you're very knowledgeable and are only their for direction and your information.

I was actually thinking of putting on a seminar sometime to share my information on creative financing with homeowners trying to sell. That's much more to the point.

Cool stuff,

Adam

Good point and thanks for the heads up Adam. I am making sure to let the "Out of Towners" know that I am only offering information and the paper work they can fill out. I am finding that many sellers do not realize that I am not buying only consulting. I think I may need to make it more clear when I respond with my second email.

I'll probably throw in a Rent-To-Own sign as well. :lol: ...what can I say.

I have been getting alot of replies doing this with email marketing through Craigslist only. I have one consulting lead hooked but still to far out to have a deal. Will keep working it. When time permitts I will hit other FSBO sites as well.

Got one. Figured out I cannot buy and sell because of situation. Got a $1,500 fee today via Paypal. Gotta love it.
Got one. . .meaning a consultation fee? Sweet. Not a bad payday for sharing your smarts with someone.

Got one. Figured out I cannot buy and sell because of situation. Got a $1,500 fee today via Paypal. Gotta love it.
Fish On! Nice Johnathan was this a long distance deal? Did you consult in person, phone or email? You da man! :blush:

Funny thing is now is all the time I have done this for free is now making me sick.....lol.
Somewhere with that line is a joke about a housewife turned street walker. . . :blush:

Fish On! Nice Johnathan was this a long distance deal? Did you consult in person, phone or email? You da man! :blush:

Steve, its a deal that is about 20 miles from me. Its an area known as Port St. Lucie. Where properties went 30% per year for 2 years running. My deal is email and phone for 90 days. Phone is limited to 30 minutes per week.

How'd this deal come about, Jonathan?

Also, is the person that paid you the consulting fee a T/B...owner-occupant...begining

investor?

Where properties went 30% per year for 2 years running.
I can't even emagine what that would be like here in my area.

I've let up a bit with my long distant consulting marketing, :blush: just can't keep up here localy at present. We've had an early spring this year and floks are starting to move about. Things getting busy. But if I have a slow "day" those consulting emails will be going out.

How'd this deal come about, Jonathan?

Also, is the person that paid you the consulting fee a T/B...owner-occupant...begining

investor?

It was a lead off my website and it was the owner that had moved to West Palm Beach. He is making two mtg payments.