The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

Taxed to death

Hello all.

Just returned from having the taxes done. I had to show money made before I incorportated as an S-CORP. I claimed the money before I incorporated as self employment, operating as a consultant. I had paid my normal percentage plus a self employment tax (OUCH). Also, I was less a few credits, added income, one less exemption, too. I did set the money aside, thank god, about 50% of my earnings.

Question, can I lease a car, (ADAM'S BMW), for business, (RE), and not get reimbursed and deduct the leasing fee from my regular income? Maybe that's why Adam bought that BEEMER...

Are there other suggestions I can take to help the bleeding? Next year it shouldn't be to bad. But I have a new mission.

Craig

Hello all.

Just returned from having the taxes done. I had to show money made before I incorportated as an S-CORP. I claimed the money before I incorporated as self employment, operating as a consultant. I had paid my normal percentage plus a self employment tax (OUCH). Also, I was less a few credits, added income, one less exemption, too. I did set the money aside, thank god, about 50% of my earnings.

Question, can I lease a car, (ADAM'S BMW), for business, (RE), and not get reimbursed and deduct the leasing fee from my regular income? Maybe that's why Adam bought that BEEMER...

Are there other suggestions I can take to help the bleeding? Next year it shouldn't be to bad. But I have a new mission.

Craig

I'm subscribed...I'd love to hear more about this.

50% Craig? Holy crap!

Hello all.

thi

Craig

I'm subscribed...I'd love to hear more about this.

Its my general tax bracket plus a 15% self employement tax. Next yearll have all my write offs through the s corp. Its my full time job and my wifes income killed us .