The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
-Tony-

Marketing Plan (a must read)

Want a marketing plan, here is one now.........

1. Get 350 signs made up, simple:

"WE BUY HOUSES

XXX-XXX-XXXX"

2. Get 1000 flyers made up, same message, maybe a little more info, make them look professional, but not flashy.

3. Get 1000 business cards, simple message, as above.

4. Signs for your car(s), same message, simple.

Now, take all that, and spend at LEAST 2 hours per day getting the message out.

Be ready for calls, because they will come in.

Place half the business cards within 10 days, that is your PLAN, not a "Goal", it is a MUST do!

As for the sign, get those out there, placing at least 50 per week, perhaps on weekends, and LEAVE THEM OUT!

Where you ask?

Simple........go to the local LARGE discoutn department stores, place several in and around, and leading to and from the parking lot.

Place them in and around residential areas, raods leading to and from these areas, where the houses are all at or just under the median home price for your area, and the houses are 2-5 years old.

Keep signs in the car, and when you see a spot for a sign, jump out and place it.

Don't sweat the ones that go AWOL, because most will, and FAST........nature of the game.

Make it a PLAN to place no less than 100 signs the first week, and 50 thereafter.

not a "Goal" again, but a MUST DO!

No matter what, you WILL do this!

Flyers, get those out as well, don't ask, "Gee Mr. Store clerk/manager/cashier, can I place this cute little flyer here for my house business?"

Remember these words Vinny........"ANY FLAT SURFACE", and get the flyers there.

Car windows, not taped, just placed under the wipers, at the larger local stores, grocery and discount department stores.

Place them on vending machines, payphones, walls, pillars, doors, anything where a large number of people walk past every day, all day!

Bottom line, don't set it up "Step by step" and quit trying to re-invent the wheel here.

Xxxxxx, this might be harsh, but when you come to MY BOARD, you should be ready for such things.

I know you don't really have a thick skin.......yet, but you'll get one.......if from nothing other than me slapping you around all the time.

But, here is the deal.

No more help for you until you do as I say, got it?!?!

I'll respond to your posts where you ask questions about ACTIONS you are taking.

No more, "Hey, here is this idea, what do you think?" will be answered by me, and they will be deleted.

You have procrastinated long enough, so here is your kick in the @ss!

Get out there, do what we teach.

Market, forget being tired, or worried, or thinking, "Where, when, why, how, or whatever?", just do it!

If you are not willing to reach up for the brass ring, then you'll never even see it!

Waiting for a ship to come in when you don't know its schedule is just that........waiting.

Forget that!

Make life come to you!

Drag it kicking and screaming if you have to, but get it done........or quit b!tching and find something else to do.

Was that hrash enough for ya?

Are you tired?

Good!

Now go market!

Best time to do it is when you are tired or burned out.

Trust me, the end result of some good old fashioned guerilla marketing is ALWAYS worth it.

I've NEVER spent a pretty penny and mucho hours marketing, and had a single regret from doing so.

Don't come back until you have some ACTION to report!

Have fun!

Xxxxx

What a plan......This was posted by A.K.A. Jim Fl on other boards

Thanks Jim

I agree! This is good aggressive stuff and well said, too!

I'll add numbers 5 and 6

5) Tell everyone you know what you are looking for? Ask if they know anyone who is having difficulty selling a house, etc

6) While you are printing those flyers, print Earn Extra Cash post cards (4 up on a regular size piece of paper) Offer them to every service person you encounter (particularly in your farm area) and those you speak to who want to earn extra cash.

So the next question are:

Who has the best prices on signs?

Who has the best prices on business cards?

What will the flyers say? What will the post cards say?

Now that we have such a great plan...lets get to it! With all this activity, something has to happen, it's bound to --- it's a numbers game, right?

option8

option8,

Who has the best prices on signs?

I would have to say Witness Design. can anyone else beat that

Who has the best prices on business cards?

you know that one on line where you pay s/h only for 250 cards

What will the flyers say? What will the post cards say?

"WE BUY HOUSES" <_< that was the whole idea ;) lol

Tony, thanks for sharing that. It's a great bit of information that needs to be repeated every so often. Really, there is nothing new there...........and that's the whole point. No need to reinvent the wheel, as it says. This isn't brain surgery. It is persistence and hard work. And if you're willing to supply that, you will be successful.

Option8, thanks for chipping in, too. I think the business cards Tony is referring to can be had from Vista Print.

Tony,

I'm not a forum participant here, and merely joined this evening, because I could not respond without doing so.

Someone sent me an e-mail with a link to this forum.

There are a couple of cut/paste jobs here from my website. :(

I don't mind sharing info, or having someone keep it for reference, but a credit as to the source of the pasted info would be appropriate, doncha think?

Same for the one above, about section 8 landlords.

Especially since that is PUBLISHED material from a contest I held some time back and written by someone other than me.

I'm glad the folks here liked the post about a simple marketing plan.

Perhaps if they saw the thread from which it came, it would make more sense.

Anyway, just don't post my stuff all over without first checking with me, thanks. :D

Jim

a/k/a "Jim FL" on other boards.

Can someone do me a favor? And remove this shoe from my ass?

It is becoming painful.. :D

That was a way to put the marketing plan. I am going to get a dedicated phone line set up within 2 weeks, then I will go to these places... and post these signs EVERYWHERE.. Give them to Family and freinds to post... Give them to co-workers ... Give them to damned near everyone to post!!

Whoever wrote that... I have a question ... What do I do if... (SMACK!!!!!)

LOL... I love this place... I can get a smile by reading the posts.

-Jason

A.F. & A.M. 211