The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

Bandit Signs

Has anyone tried putting their Bandit signs in storefront windows of gas stations, convenience stores or quick stops? Paste the words "INQUIRE WITHIN" over your phone number. Offer to give a referral fee for every closed deal they bring to the table. Its incentive to keep the sign in the window, doesn't violate local sign ordinances and keeps us out of jail too...

Leave preprinted forms the home owner can fill out and return to the cashier. He can call you with the information referral. If anyone has more ideas to add or expand on please help me

Many local gas stations and stores might appreciate the business you can add to their bottom line.

Great idea, Craig! Similar to leaving flyers with local merchants, but more visible and so probably better results.

Yup great idea! I believe a number of investors have turned to this sort of thing in areas where the Sign Police are all ex-marines ;)

You can further automate the system (and thereby possibly making it more likely that store owners will do it) by attaching a "TAKE ONE!" application/business card dispenser. Each application or business card (which directs them to your website) has a unique store code, so that when the application is faxed to you, or the code is entered into the website, you know exactly where the lead came from without having to involve the store staff.

You can also offer to promote the business on your website and link back to their site if they have one. In fact if you get a large number of local visitors to your site it's possible they will do it just for the mutual promotion.

Wanna take it a step further?

Mail those massive, eye-catching bandit signs to owners facing

foreclosure.

This happens to be a true story, as an investor in Alabama has done this.

I can't help but laugh whenever I picture some homeowner receiving

a 18 X 24 bandit sign in the mail, saying:

AVOID FORECLOSURE!

WE BUY HOUSES

205-xxx-xxxx

:)

...not so funny for the homeowner, though.

;)

Hello,

I have been in trouble with the sign police myself. The best way I have in placing these signs is to develop a nice route where you want to purchase properties. You need to place these signs friday night and have them picked up by monday morning.

I have noticed in my area that apartment buildings use bandit signs all of the time. They never have the issues with code enforcement that I do. Then I realized when their signs go up (friday night) and then they are gone (monday morning). Place your signs when code enforcement is not in the office you will not have problems.

-Steve

http://www.thegreatbigopportunity.com

free Real Estate Tools

Yup great idea! I believe a number of investors have turned to this sort of thing in areas where the Sign Police are all ex-marines :)

You can further automate the system (and thereby possibly making it more likely that store owners will do it) by attaching a "TAKE ONE!" application/business card dispenser. Each application or business card (which directs them to your website) has a unique store code, so that when the application is faxed to you, or the code is entered into the website, you know exactly where the lead came from without having to involve the store staff.

You can also offer to promote the business on your website and link back to their site if they have one. In fact if you get a large number of local visitors to your site it's possible they will do it just for the mutual promotion.

Doug:

I like the idea of free website ad. I am a total believer in SIMPLE is Better so I would let the card idea go for the start.