The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Angry Realtors Are Emailing Me

Lets start a Naked Gang vs. the Craig's List real estate agents!

I'll hold down the Alabama fort.

This should be fun....

Why don't you ask craigslist to put realtor and FSBO ads into separate categories? If they've been successfully lobbied by realtors then it probably won't happen, but it's worth asking.

Great idea but Google.com owns much stock in Craigslist.com so that might have a impact.

Lets start a Naked Gang vs. the Craig's List real estate agents!

I'll hold down the Alabama fort.

This should be fun....

Here in FL we are seriously outnumbered. But that's OK, I relish the underdog role.

Why don't you ask craigslist to put realtor and FSBO ads into separate categories? If they've been successfully lobbied by realtors then it probably won't happen, but it's worth asking.

Great idea but Google.com owns much stock in Craigslist.com so that might have a impact.

So it's Naked Investor vs. Google? :) Kinda like Davey vs. Goliath. . .and we know how that turned out. I'm beginning to feel emboldened. . .

I'm in here in NC. I'm sick of the realtor monopoly!

If you receive a !@#% comment back from a realtor on Craigs List, and can identify the realtor, try and go to the realtor's web site or their ads on Craigslist and solicit the those listings for a L/O with the seller. :)

solicit those listings for a L/O with the seller
I think that's the only way. Realtors have already declared war on us, it's time to respond.

They now started blocking me out, reporting me as spam and my ads suddenly disappear faster than I can even post them!

I've had the same problem. The upside of that is when you repost you'll be at the top of the list.

Does anyone know how many reportings it takes to have your ad removed?

Jeez...and I thought it was just my area...

I know when I started marketing back in the day when I started with you, Mike...I had my first 5 attempts at posting flagged and deleted by some asswipe realtor most likely. :glare: I love Craigslist, and some days are better than others, but for the most part...it's like Realtor central and they're turning it into a dump. :angry:

I guess when Realtors get desperate enough to put a add in the newspaper at such a high cost...Craigslist is defnitely a given to them. Oh well...what can ya' do... :glare:

They now started blocking me out, reporting me as spam and my ads suddenly disappear faster than I can even post them!

I've had the same problem. The upside of that is when you repost you'll be at the top of the list.

Does anyone know how many reportings it takes to have your ad removed?

It CAN'T be too many, JRG. I know when I used to post Mike's LPA material on there...it would be flagged and DOWN within 30-45 minutes. Obviously...that shows it was some realtor(s) with their feet kicked up on his desk somewhere getting bent out of shape. :D A lot of it is on a type of "honor system"...that's why they ask that you use the flag function with proper discretion.

I'm in here in NC. I'm sick of the realtor monopoly!

If you receive a !@#% comment back from a realtor on Craigs List, and can identify the realtor, try and go to the realtor's web site or their ads on Craigslist and solicit the those listings for a L/O with the seller. :glare:

H i all you folks

Just thought I would join in about realtors complaining. I have not had a problem when they call off my yard signs or ads, most are looking for a listing, which is ok, as long as they dont give me any blank blank

I tell them I have purchased on an option and that i want to see what offers I get or I may stay with property myself

Don't blame you guys, as most of them (not all) have taken a 6 week course and are finding out it is not easy

I just do not like if they start blaming us and are looking for ways to eliminate us, as most want to list and sit back and let another person sell for them (my impression anyway)

I know most of us have the ----- to get out and make it our own way, which a lot of people can not do

Just my thoughts, don't let them bug you

Tom

Personally I think the inept hordes of realtors running around listing houses they have no idea how to sell, is GREAT for us! If we market to active or expired listings we get to use the agent's efforts for free! Instead of spending 99% of our money marketing to people who have no interest in selling. We can put our money into these highly targetted lists knowing that every cent is going towards actual sellers.

Those damn Realtors! Oh whoops...I'm a Realtor myself. There's space for everyone to play together. I actually posted my first ad (and only one so far) on Craigslist about a week ago (one of my listings). I never even thought of it until I was looking to buy some birds and noticed a real estate section. I viewed the section and like most of you noticed a big portion of the ads were from Realtors so I decided, "Why not give it a shot?". I'll admit I'm intrigued by ads from investors, FSBOs and of course other Realtors. Why would they be reporting your ads? Is there anything against craiglist's rules? A lot of real estate agents are very protective of what they think is their's or their right (even though they're wrong or it's not their's), I've noticed that from frequenting real estate agent forums and of course from talking to other's personally. A lot of real estate agents are struggling right now to make ends meet so it puts them into desperation mode.

Those damn Realtors! Oh whoops...I'm a Realtor myself. There's space for everyone to play together. I actually posted my first ad (and only one so far) on Craigslist about a week ago (one of my listings). I never even thought of it until I was looking to buy some birds and noticed a real estate section. I viewed the section and like most of you noticed a big portion of the ads were from Realtors so I decided, "Why not give it a shot?". I'll admit I'm intrigued by ads from investors, FSBOs and of course other Realtors. Why would they be reporting your ads? Is there anything against craiglist's rules? A lot of real estate agents are very protective of what they think is their's or their right (even though they're wrong or it's not their's), I've noticed that from frequenting real estate agent forums and of course from talking to other's personally. A lot of real estate agents are struggling right now to make ends meet so it puts them into desperation mode.
Greeting, deu, and welcome to The Naked Investor! Glad you found us, even though you're one of them :glare: . . . :angry:

Actually, I say with certainty there is no organized anti-Realtor movement occuring within the hallowed halls of The Naked Investor compound. Quite the opposite. It's always good to have another viewpoint. There are a few Agents among us that I'm aware of, (Sholanda up in ATL; JR here in FL; and a few others, I'm sure). So don't let this thread fool you into running for cover. My post to start this thread was really just to share what I thought was a comical but harmless reply from two uptight Agents. Like you said, deu, it's a territorial thing I suppose. :glare:

I'm actually an agent.

However, I'm doing "inside work".

:glare: