The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
happyardy

putting ads on craigslist

Guys,

Has anyone tried to put the same ad in more than 1 cities/categories on craigslist? I tried and it recognizes that I already have the same ad in 1 city. It doesnt allow me to go ahead.

I tried changing a line from my original ad but it still recognizes it. In the end, after I changed around 50% of my ad, it allowed me to post it.

Anyone, who has found a way around this ?

thanks

- Rahul

I haven't tried this myself so can't say if it works or not. But I hear that you can post the same (or very similar) ad if you use a different email account.

Rahul,

Do you have a website? Here is a neat trick. Get 10 email accounts. Then set up ten accounts with craig lists. Bam 10 ads. Now you can place all sorts of ads.

By the way This is how I do it. Except I have 6 accounts.

I hope Craigslist is not reading this message.

Rahul,

Do you have a website? Here is a neat trick. Get 10 email accounts. Then set up ten accounts with craig lists. Bam 10 ads. Now you can place all sorts of ads.

Not to worry. I'll ban them from my site. :)

Michael & others,

When you're leaving your return email address, do you leave your "business-sounding" (i.e. CAtycoon@weleasehouses.com) one

or your personal (i.e. super_cool_italian69@hotmale.com) one?

I know some of you are not "selling the farm" on your initial contact with sellers, but

merely getting them to open up.

I'm just wondering if it's affected your results by leaving one or the other.

Michael & others,

When you're leaving your return email address, do you leave your "business-sounding" (i.e. CAtycoon@weleasehouses.com) one

or your personal (i.e. super_cool_italian69@hotmale.com) one?

I know some of you are not "selling the farm" on your initial contact with sellers, but

merely getting them to open up.

I'm just wondering if it's affected your results by leaving one or the other.

Good question, Jason. I have tried both approaches. I used to use one of my carboproperties.com email addresses. I received enough responses from folks accusing me of being a Realtor or slick investor. And I can only guess how many thought the same and so never replied. So now I use a generic Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail address. The response seems to be better.

Guys,

Has anyone tried to put the same ad in more than 1 cities/categories on craigslist? I tried and it recognizes that I already have the same ad in 1 city. It doesnt allow me to go ahead.

I tried changing a line from my original ad but it still recognizes it. In the end, after I changed around 50% of my ad, it allowed me to post it.

thanks

- Rahul

Rahul, Craig's List has a filtering system in place to prevent spamming. This is why you'll need to change your ads up enough so the filters don't reject it. Or use multiple email addresses as has been suggested. Or become a Realtor, since they seem to be able to pollute that board unfettered with their spam :) .

Rahul,

Not to worry. I'll ban them from my site. :)

Craigslist right here.

Craig

Craig

Craig

Guys,

thanks

- Rahul

Rahul, Craig's List has a filtering system in place to prevent spamming. This is why you'll need to change your ads up enough so the filters don't reject it. Or use multiple email addresses as has been suggested. Or become a Realtor, since they seem to be able to pollute that board unfettered with their spam :) .

Thanks, Jonathan & Mike for the tips.

As for becoming a realtor Mike, sometime back I had given it a thought for a few hours, not more. Getting access to the expired listings on MLS as well as ready access to comps. is really tempting.

Then I read that being licensed could actually in some way be disadvantageous to doing creative deals as an investor. With the disclosure and other stuff. Is that right ?

Didnt we have someone here whose spouse was a realtor? I am wondering how that works out. The investor-realtor spouses thing.

My wife has been showing interest in REI :). I'm wondering if I should ask(read request, beg or plead :) her to get licensed !

- Rahul

Rahul, it would be a good idea for your wife to get licensed well you remain unfettered. It's the best of both worlds.

The next best option would be to hire a broker to start a brokerage exclusively for your own deals. I knew a guy who did that in Kansas City.

Rahul, it would be a good idea for your wife to get licensed well you remain unfettered. It's the best of both worlds.
Not quite, Doug. The best of both worlds would be for Rahul to have his girlfriend become a Realtor. His wife could remain at home this way. :)

Not quite, Doug. The best of both worlds would be for Rahul to have his girlfriend become a Realtor. His wife could remain at home this way. :)

:) Reminds me of your joke sometime back about Steve in the infomercial !

http://www.naked-investor.com/forums/index...?showtopic=4677

- Rahul