The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

800 Tenant/Buyer

Off-hand, can anyone recommend a basic 800 phone number company that tenant/buyers can call off RTO signs and enter an extension and a recording gives them the information about the house. Something Cheap Cheap like $20 to $40 monthly with no minute charges?

I am Googling it right now and am swamped with t/b calls B)

I'm with kall8.

They only charge $2/month and 6.9 cents per minute.

That's pretty cheap even though they do charge you by the minute IMO.

Thanks Steve

After looking around, here is one MC recommended from a past post.

www.voicenation.com

It is not an 800 number. You use a local number with up to 10 extension numbers, one for each property. You can have up to a 5 minute message for each extention. It has a flat fee of $40 per month, no minute charges. It gives you a few other extras also.

There is also a $2.95 package with a 1 minute message good for a single property. But they do charge for minutes.

Hey Steve,

I know you're looking for an 800#, but I've heard nothing but good about

THIS

Maybe it could help ya out...dunno.

Steve, JR frequently mentions COA Telecenter which IS an 800 service with 10 extensions (used to be 999 B)) UNLIMITED minutes, and a pile of other cool included features like PhoneMatch which gives you the most recent name and address for any inbound call that is in the whitepages. It's also got some awesome forwarding features (which they DO charge for by the minute), music-on-hold, announcement-only boxes, and of course one of the best features of toll-free phone service: Ultimate Caller ID, which gives you the phone number for ALL calls regardless of whether they're unlisted or cell phones or whatever.

All that for $34.95/month.

I would get it but I prefer to rely on my website for buyers and I don't need all those features for sellers.

I love COA telecenter. 10 boxes...hmm. I have over 50 right now. Same charge. I have two numbers for different items. They have a ton of features.

I use them for buyers and sellers and private lenders. I also use them for any special test I am running for advertising. I also use it for a credit repair that Adam King hooked me up too. Got two people signed up. But its a start.

The phone tree is totally awesome. You are able to use it for a fax line and Fax on Demand if anyone still uses them. The Voice mail is emailed to you.

10 boxes...hmm. I have over 50 right now.
Alas no more for new customers it seems. The website now says 10 boxes with each additional 5 being another $10/month.

Wanted to bring this back to report how this phone service has been working.

Typically I can receive 10 to 20 calls "per day" from signs on a property and when I have a few houses available R-T-O it can be some what overwhelming to try and call back and answer all these calls, so I have tried using a phone service with a recorded message for the property.

Many calls are from what I call "Looky Loos." Those who just want to get some info. about the house or those who can't qualify. So, on the recording I leave info. about the house and how the L/O works. I also leave my number on the recording if someone would like to see the property or would like to speak with me. I have been using the service for just over a month and it has been working great! I get calls from folks who are more serious and who have a better potential to qualify as a tenant/buyer. So now those 10 to 20 calls are pre-screened before I ever talk to anyone and I end up with about 2 to 3 calls per day from better potential T/Bs which is much more manageable, leaving more time to concentrate on sellers.

Also, the service lets me know who has called by listing the phone numbers from the callers. This also allows me to know how many calls I receive and leaves me the option to call these numbers back.

Steve, glad to read it's been working out for you. Which company did you ultimately decide to go with?

Hey MC, I went with VoiceNation. For what I needed, they seemed the simplest to use and they have been working fine. The phone number I use is a local number so no need for an 800 number.