The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
mamasanta25

what men really think

okay, you guys gotta help me out here. I am at a loss for words and thoughts. When you tell your significant other something, let's assume it is a nasty and rude something, you are telling her the truth, right? I mean if you tell your wife you wish she would just leave with the kids and go live with her mom, and you say it on more than one occassion, you are more than likely not playing baby games, right? If you tell her she is a royal pain in your ass, and the sound of her voice makes you want to vomit, this is not a joking matter, am I right? Or if you call your wife a selfish pig, you are probably not talking shit, right? I suppose my problem is that I have too much self confidence, and I can't believe that a person who fathered my children and supposably loves me so much could actually feel this way about me. I can't believe anyone could feel that way about me. I hold myself up high, and I can't be put down. Well, the reason for my confusion is that he tells me he didn't mean any of that, and that he does love me. I am sorry to bring my issues here, it is really not appropriate, I just wanted some feedback about what goes on in the mind of a man. I don't understand.

mamasanta25,

For what it's worth...

Sounds like a strong case of bitterness and anger and/or frustration. You're right in your thinking that men pretty much say what they mean or mean what they say. We all think awful things about our wifes from time to time. Frankly, my wife can be the queen of the pain in the ass royal bloodline. We usually don't vocalize these thoughts, though, because we know they'll inflict pain on the receiver. However, when there's emotions, valid emotions, stuffed inside someone for a long period of time, they have a tendancy to show themselves in the form of these hurtful phrases. Ninety nine percent of the time, these things that are said are just surface issues, fronts, if you will, for a deeper more intimate problem. You also mention the "s" word....selfishness. I'll throw in some trivia...selfishness is probably at the root of most divorces in society today. Think about it. Self-preservation is part of our human make up. In fact, it's a huge part of our "animal" instinct if you will. Is it natural for us as humans to always put others needs before our own? Hell no; but that's what a marriage is. You support him and his needs and he supports you and your needs. A marriage is something blessed by God, and usually when you have God's hand in something it gets very screwy...it goes against our human instincts. In my experience, when I'm feeling like my wife is the most selfish person the planet...you know what? She usually is...however, I'm usually being even more selfish than her!!

Hey I believe marriage (like lease purchasing) is something worth fighting for; and remember if you fight....you win...guaranteed.

God speed,

In my experience, when I'm feeling like my wife is the most selfish person the planet...you know what? She usually is...however, I'm usually being even more selfish than her!!

exactly Mr. Saint, that's just it, I am the most giving person, and sometimes I may be selfish, but we all are sometimes. I don't even have time to be selfish, I have two babies to care for. Great feedback though, thanks alot. I think you pretty much got it right.

On the lighter side

I don't know what your talking about. My wife is perfect, go ahead ask her, she'll tell you. lol