The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
swm8675309

Anybody have luck going door to door with business cards/flyers?

I was thinking about literally walking up and down the street handing them out on Saturday afternoon and early evenings during the week.

I was going to target people that did not yet have a "For Sale"s sign.

Has anybody had luck with this?

TIA

Haven't tried it, nor would I. Too much of a shotgun approach. Too time consuming, as well. Now, if you hired someone you could rely on to do this for you for ten or twenty bucks, that might be worth a shot.

Haven't done it either.

a few reasons why:

1.In this heat?

No way!

2. Saturdays are pretty much off,

seeing that college football season has

started.

3. 'shotgun' approach, as Michael stated.

why plaster houses that aren't for sale?

4. better results with email

( I'll post ya an excellent email marketing

link when I return from the hacienda -- I'm

currently posting from my phone)

More reasons to add, but the light

has turned green and people keep

honking their horns....

Later!

Haven't tried it, nor would I. Too much of a shotgun approach. Too time consuming, as well. Now, if you hired someone you could rely on to do this for you for ten or twenty bucks, that might be worth a shot.

I live in a very residential neighborhood and probably 10-25% of the houses are for sale. Now maybe all the people that want to sell are already selling, but I am thinking there is a lot of potential sellers that are just afraid of listing because there are already so many listings.

Or am I wrong that there are probably not too many people that are not actively selling that might be interested?

Also, I am not afraid of walking, good exercise and we live in a good area.

Does that change anyone's opinion's or do you still think this is a pretty low yield thing to try?

I come here for honest help, please feel free to be brutally honest.

TIA

It's not the exercise or the safety of the neighborhood. It's about efficient use of your time. I still think you can hire someone for $20, while you do other things. Make calls, for example. Or work Craig's List. Now that gives you two forms of marketing simultaneously.

What about a mailing into the neighborhood instead of walking door to door? Same target, but a heck of a lot less time consuming.

It's not the exercise or the safety of the neighborhood. It's about efficient use of your time. I still think you can hire someone for $20, while you do other things. Make calls, for example. Or work Craig's List. Now that gives you two forms of marketing simultaneously.

What about a mailing into the neighborhood instead of walking door to door? Same target, but a heck of a lot less time consuming.

There is a small college in town, I might be able to hire a college student to do that cheap.

And you are definitely right, I need multiple forms of marketing.

Thanks for the invaluable input.