The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
#1investor_cream

This Is a MUST SEE!!!

I've heard about this movie, amongst various forums, and heard

similar opinions on how great it is.

But I've yet to sit through and watch it personally.

In a few words, what's it about?

Off to make some calls.......

I've heard about this movie, amongst various forums, and heard

similar opinions on how great it is.

But I've yet to sit through and watch it personally.

In a few words, what's it about?

Off to make some calls.......

The Truth.... On Life.. If you watch from

Start to Finish- you will understand-

I've seen it.

This is definitely a controversial film.

Personally, I don't know what to belive.

Can't wait for the North American union though...lol

I find it amusing that they talk about the pursuit of truth, when just 15 minutes into the movie they repeat several myths about Jesus life. Namely:

1. Myth: Jesus Christ was born on December 25th

Truth: Jesus birthday was never recorded in the bible or any secular history text of the period. This date was adopted centuries later by the Catholic Church, most likely in an effort to convert pagan worshippers of Saturnalia who's winter soltice festival fell on or about December 25th.

2. Myth: Jesus was visited by three kings or magi.

Truth: These visitors were referred to only as travelers from the east and there is no mention of how many there were, although they are referred to in the plural so there were at least 2.

3. Myth: Jesus is referred to as the Alpha and Omega.

Truth: This title is never bestowed upon Jesus anywhere in the bible.

I don't know about the other claims about the similarities between all those other religious figures the movie mentions. But I am very familiar with what the bible says. The fact that they get these important details totally wrong leads me to question their other claims.

I find it amusing that they talk about the pursuit of truth, when just 15 minutes into the movie they repeat several myths about Jesus life. Namely:

1. Myth: Jesus Christ was born on December 25th

Truth: Jesus birthday was never recorded in the bible or any secular history text of the period. This date was adopted centuries later by the Catholic Church, most likely in an effort to convert pagan worshippers of Saturnalia who's winter soltice festival fell on or about December 25th.

2. Myth: Jesus was visited by three kings or magi.

Truth: These visitors were referred to only as travelers from the east and there is no mention of how many there were, although they are referred to in the plural so there were at least 2.

3. Myth: Jesus is referred to as the Alpha and Omega.

Truth: This title is never bestowed upon Jesus anywhere in the bible.

I don't know about the other claims about the similarities between all those other religious figures the movie mentions. But I am very familiar with what the bible says. The fact that they get these important details totally wrong leads me to question their other claims.

Doug I LOVE ya baby! You tell it like it is!

Too bad you ..........

It's a good movie if you like conspiracy theories though! I personally found Julia Roberts and Mel Gibson's version more entertaining :lol:
:huh: It's late, Doug. Put down the spirits and catch up in some sleep. :P

My take? If I keep seeing babies getting killed over testosterone and oil, you can bet your ass I will be doing something about it.

And yes, Doug's right Christ was born on January 6th, until they changed the calendar in the 10 century. January 6th then fell on Dec 25th. (I can't even back that up with proof either so just don't argue with me.)

One of my life coaches told me something once after giving me some advice. He said; and that's one of 7 billion people on the planet's opinion. :rolleyes:

I'm going fishing for the weekend because fish don't lie. That's a fact! :rolleyes:

. . .I'm going fishing for the weekend because fish don't lie. That's a fact! :rolleyes:
No, but fisherman do. I'm sure you'll be telling us on Monday about the "one that got away". . . :rolleyes:

. . .I'm going fishing for the weekend because fish don't lie. That's a fact! :rolleyes:
No, but fisherman do. I'm sure you'll be telling us on Monday about the "one that got away". . . :rolleyes:

Mc, You never seem to miss a beat! :(:(:(:lol: