The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
JasonBhatt

1-800 numbers

How many people have 800 numbers?

How would you rate their success?

Do you feel it is the key to running your business successful?

I have two options...

1) Get a regular phone line, and set up voice mail (24 hour recorded info)

Pros:

Cheaper

No time limit

Cons:

Can not post ads in other states, or long distance areas

2) Get a 800 #

Pros:

Easier to market

Can keep the number for life

Looks more professional

Cons:

More expensive

Ability to be abused

One of the concerns that I have about the 800 # is that someone might call, leave their phone off the hook, and that will run up my bill to sky high levels.

Does anyone have any advice on which I should do? I don't want to step too far over my head... But the kick I got from the "Marketing Plan" on a previous post, points out... If I wait.. I just lose money.

Next Question:

What successes have you guys had with signs? Passing out cards? Flyers? Newspaper Ads?

Thanks Guys... You are the support for my business, and I do appreciate it.

-Jason

A.F. & A.M. 211

Jason,

Here's my two cents...which I'm famous for :( You can get an 800# number easy and cheap through a service at www.kall8.com. What I would do is get a great local number and what I mean by that is get a number that people will remember! Take some time with the lady on the phone until you find a number you like, come up with combos ahead of time, etc. This is the most important thing because people will always remember you better if you have an easy phone number. Then what you can do is also have the 800# and just have it forward to your local number, that way you can always have that number which makes you look bigger and more important than you may be...but they don't know that...as long as you help them like you promise :D

If you have any questions about how to use that site or it's features, feel free to contact me. Good Luck

JasonBhatt,

2) Get a 800 #

Cons:

More expensive

Ability to be abused

how much will another phone line cost? Try here!!!

as for abuse ???? A word to the wise check with Code enforcement before placing signs. Where I live it is up to a $2500 fine.