The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Craig

Getting the Bandit Sign Police out of my hair

Other Peoples Efforts.

Saturday I stopped at the local hardware store. After talking to the clerk, I asked him if he is interest in allowing me to put a bandit sign in his window.

WE BUY HOUSES

No equity no problem

Inquiry within

I explained to the clerk I would pay $500 for every referral that the store would pass my way at the time of closing. My plan is to use their window space at hardware stores and gas stations. With each inquiry the clerk would give a printed letter or card explaining the advantages of using my services verses a local agent. At the bottom of the letter I would print a code linking the store back to the client and my contact number.

The clerk gave me the number and address of the owner who has 5 stores etc. He continued by saying they are always looking to partner with other small companies when it benefits both indivuals. He then pointed out a few examples.

As I was driving home I thought I would expand the idea to gas stations and or convenience stores. I decided to really put a marketing plan together to expand on this idea.

Has anyone tried this? If so could you give me some tips. Also if anyone has other ideas to expand on the subject please share them.

Craig, sounds like you have upgraded the usual "leave some flyers with the local businesses" marketing strategy. I don't see any downside to this. A homeowner inquires about the sign and is put in touch with you through the store owner. If a deal materializes as a result, the owner puts an easy $500 in his pocket and you got what you wanted. And I suspect a sign in the window would be more visible and attract more attention than a stack of flyers sitting on a corner table or tacked onto a bulletin board.

Craig, sounds like you have upgraded the usual "leave some flyers with the local businesses" marketing strategy. I don't see any downside to this. A homeowner inquires about the sign and is put in touch with you through the store owner. If a deal materializes as a result, the owner puts an easy $500 in his pocket and you got what you wanted. And I suspect a sign in the window would be more visible and attract more attention than a stack of flyers sitting on a corner table or tacked onto a bulletin board.

I found with the flyers they get thrown out after time. We need to give the small biz owner incentive, profit with little work. I am putting letters out to small biz owners with a follow up call.

Doesn't sound like you need any tips, really. Your plan sounds complete. High visibility advertising to you and beneficial to the store owner "at no cost to them" :wacko: It is easy )no selling) for them to simply hand out your pre printed material (cheap too) On top of that you thought to make it trackable. Sounds like a great idea. Mind if I copy it? :unsure:

P.S. Shouldn't your sign read "Inquire" within? Am I wrong?

Doesn't sound like you need any tips, really. Your plan sounds complete. High visibility advertising to you and beneficial to the store owner "at no cost to them" :lol: It is easy )no selling) for them to simply hand out your pre printed material (cheap too) On top of that you thought to make it trackable. Sounds like a great idea. Mind if I copy it? ;)

As long as you aren't in Capital District area of New York. Sure beats having the signs stolen and the sign police fine you.

Doesn't sound like you need any tips, really. Your plan sounds complete. High visibility advertising to you and beneficial to the store owner "at no cost to them" :lol: It is easy )no selling) for them to simply hand out your pre printed material (cheap too) On top of that you thought to make it trackable. Sounds like a great idea. Mind if I copy it? ;)

If you have signs just block the phone number off and add the inquire within.

Nope, I'm currently in Arizona. Ilke the OPE acronym, cute.

Hi Rev:

This marketing has worked great here. Signs don't last long here in New York because of investors and the Town Ordinances are tough.

Doesn't sound like you need any tips, really. Your plan sounds complete. High visibility advertising to you and beneficial to the store owner "at no cost to them" :lol: It is easy )no selling) for them to simply hand out your pre printed material (cheap too) On top of that you thought to make it trackable. Sounds like a great idea. Mind if I copy it? :lol:

Nope, I'm currently in Arizona. Ilke the OPE acronym, cute.

In Business you must always think this way OPE but always be a people person to. Listen Listen Listen. People love to talk about themselves too before they want to here about your.

Hello Investors...

Two things about signs and stores....

First as for the store you don’t have to pay them a fee if a purchase comes through just create a Home Magazine and buy a few racks and place your own Investor Magazine in the rack... It’s expensive endeavor (5000) to begin but once done it’s a great way to touch people and be the "go to guy"

As for signs... I have never used a bandit signs although I have purchased many properties because someone said they saw my bandit signs... Don’t tell anyone but the trick is to have the "I Buy Houses" and "we Buy Houses" telephone number with 411 information so when people drive by a bandit sign , not writing down the number they call 411 and ask the operator for it...

Happy Investing

Michael Quarles

Don’t tell anyone but the trick is to have the "I Buy Houses" and "we Buy Houses" telephone number with 411 information so when people drive by a bandit sign , not writing done the number they call 411 and ask the operator for it...
:)Slick ...that's what you call creative marketing!

writing done the number they call 411 and ask the operator for it...

Michael, would you kindly clarify this. Do you need to register for the service for information. Do you us only the 411 #

I must have had to many beers watching New England set new records tonight. GOING ALL THE WAY. Making up for all those years of getting STOMPED on.