The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
happyardy

fires in Southern California

Members from South Calif.,

I hope none of you have been directly affected by these fires.

- Rahul

There are some frightening scenes coming from out that way. I put a phone call into a friend of mine in San Diego, but haven't heard from her. <_<

I have a friend in San Diego, working for Qualcomm. He replied to my email saying that his house wasnt affected but he has been busy playing host to a few friends who had to evacuate their houses.

Man, I remember our evacuation during hurricane Rita(Sept. 2005). I was living in Lake Charles, Louisiana and we were out of the house for 19 days !

I wouldnt want to do it again.

- Rahul

Speaking of hurricanes, Rahul, today is the two year anniversary of Hurricane Wilma blowing through here. She was a memorable one!

Anyone heard from Bev or Dan (in SoCal)?

Not sure how close they are to the fires.

Hope all is well.

Hope all is well.

I've totally lucked out (so far). I'm in the French Valley area just north of San Diego county. Much less wind. Fires to the north, west and south, but none to the east of me. So in addition to no fires here, I'm sitting in a pocket of fairly clean air. That will change as the Santa Ana winds die out and the normal west to east patterns resume. The surrounding skies are filled with smoke and ash. Considering a million people have been evacuated and there's been over a billion dollars in property damage so far, I'll take it!

Dan

Freedom Creek LLC

Hope all is well.

Jason,

BEV! lives close to Central Valley, Northern Cali, not even close. And now we know Dan is alright, so alls good.

Phil

Here I am!! ;)

Thanks Phil, yes I'm still jumping around.

I do have several friends in Malibu tho that am having a hard time contacting :(

My son goes there almost every weekend and I'm glad he didn't go that one time.

On another note, I just had to borrow this joke and paste it here as I LOVE IT!!! :lol:

---------------------

THE PERFECT HUSBAND...........

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club.

A cell phone on a Bench rings and a man engages

the hands-free speaker- function and Begins to talk.

Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

MAN: "Hello"

WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"

MAN: "Yes."

WOMAN: "I'm at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only $1,000. Is it OK if I buy it?"

MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much."

WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new 2007 models. I saw one I really liked."

MAN: "How much?"

WOMAN: "$65,000."

MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."

WOMAN: "Great! Oh, and one more thing. The house we wanted last year is back on the market. They're asking $950,000."

MAN: "Well, then go ahead and give them an offer, but just offer $900,000.."

WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you!"

MAN: "Bye, I love you, too."

The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are looking at him in astonishment.

Then he smiles and asks: "Anyone know whose phone this is?"

--------------------------------

BEV! :lol: