The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

Marketing Tips Exposed

Hey Bev!

I'm just not getting it. I have looked all over yahoo and not finding newsgroup. I looked under "groups" then a city, but most are under 10 or so people. I also tried googling yahoo newsgroup without much luck. Where the heck is this?

Sounds like a great idea...keep them coming.

Kevin

Geez, Kev, of course you would like that! How about that! However, the person you and others should really be doing is thanking is BEV! And perhaps, contributing whatever wisdom you "may" have to this Board???

Just thought that I should point out that this forum is the BEST forum out there as it is all about Give & Take and Sharing Personal Experiences and not just Taking Whatever, Whenever from people here who Give so Freely! We are Family!

End of rant!

Ummmmm, start thinking for YOURSLEF Kevin?

To be honest, BEV should be charging for all the time, effort and money she has put into this business. It's because of her relentless BIG HEART that she keeps giving, and giving and giving!

Not to mention me. Hey Kev, you asked me for information......

WCG, step away from the Caffeine! It took me *months* before I felt I could write something here that would actually help someone. My first steps into Lease Purchasing were fraught with uncertainty and fear. I had significant misconceptions about how it all fit together which had to be *changed* before I had any success.

I wouldn't have been surprised if my early posts were answered with "Boy, you just don't get it, do you?!" Fortunately, they weren't. People were nice to me. And I stayed in the game.

So...Why in the world would you write a special post encouraging people to ask you questions ("nah, don't worry, I ain't gonna charge you. Therefore, folks, please FEEL FREE to PM me and I will help you in ANY way that I can! That's my true, Naked promise!") and then turn them into your personal whipping boy when they take you up on your offer?????

Encouragement doesn't cost a dime. Just a little of it, well-placed, can carry a person through a lifetime.

Dan

Freedom Creek LLC

Hello All!

I woke up this morning and decided to see what was happening on the forum...

Dan:

Thank you. For someone who understands what a newbie is going thru - as all of you do, because you were all newbies at one time, too - it's refreshing to hear you state it so well.

I started a couple months ago. I have bought the manual, and I am mentoring with Michael. Michael is FANTASTIC with his help and encouragement. I know by now he is sick an tired <_< of my ceaseless questions! And he still answers them. Thank you Michael.

I enjoy reading the great ideas I hear on this forum. I am amazed on how all of you give the way that you do. You don't have to. You could stay in your own little worlds and keep everything to yourself...but you don't. That is something to be commended and that is something to be grateful for. You all come here looking for little tidbits of information to help you grow your business and give back a little (and in many cases, a lot) in return.

Over these last few weeks, I have signed up 4 CA's - the last two this past weekend. As of yet, I have not found a tenant-buyer for any of them. Of course I am discouraged, but I go on knowing that the perfect t/b is around the corner. I know I have to do more marketing, put out more signs, revise my CL ads, and a million other things to get over the hump and bring in my first t/b. I signed up for mentoring to have someone in my ear all the time. I come to this forum to get new ideas. Like a lot of you, I pored over the postings the first week. I am now rereading them again to see the information through new eyes from the little experience I have had. I take the wonderful ideas you have given me and put them into practice the best I can. Thank you all.

Doug gave me the idea to put out a lot of signs, not just directional signs. He told me where to buy the stakes and different other pointers. Thank you Doug. From these signs I have been getting a bunch of calls.

Bev came up with the idea of the fabulous graphics on CL. I spent all yesterday working on one ad and STILL haven't got it posted yet. Just not showing up yet on CL. I got up this morning and will work until it is done. Thank you Bev for the idea, and all the other ideas you post I am using or inspired by.

West Coast Girl has graciously offered to help any way she can. She sent me a letter she uses to contact Realtors and getting them on board with her. It was an amazing letter. Where I am now in my learning curve, the concept was over my head. I knew to understand it the way it was meant to be used would take up a lot of her time with many questions. I put it aside to spend more time with it, and it slipped away mentally. That was my mistake. Thank you West Coast Girl for your help in this area and all the other postings I have read from you that gave me an idea to follow up on.

Thank you to all of you who have posted your ideas that are giving me insights into this LO business. I guess it is appropriate with Thanksgiving coming up in a couple days to realize how grateful we are for all the good coming out of this forum.

As I go along, if there are any ideas that I have picked up on, or tweaked, or implemented that can be of use to anyone, I will gladly share them on this forum. Where I am now, I am still trying to grasp it all and have my first success. With that done, I would be happy to share any way I can.

Thank you WCG for the reminder to be thankful for what we have been given, and thank you Dan for your support of the newbie.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Kevin

WCG,

I saw this before dan posted I chalked it up to You must of had a bad day so, step into the bar I'll poor ya a drink give you a big hug and we'll sit and laugh at everyone there.

Kevin,

wow, maybe cause I started in a buyers market but 4 signed contracts.....you'll get them filled

great job

Kevin, very well said. A very gracious and sincere and thoughtful post. I appreciate your taking the time to express yourself as you have.

Well all, I don't know how many of you have seen me browsing and posting around the last couple days, but I just orderd the manual on Monday night and was able to get the contracts last night. The mission of getting a house under contract as a CA before Christmas has started. I decided to go with the email Bev was using to pull in sellers as I'm active military and have no way of getting out to look at the house so I'm going with the hybrid CA. Which means if I can pull it off around here in NC I should be able to do it anywhere. After emailing about 100 frbo and fsbo last night and this morning the replies are starting to pour in. Already have about 25 people saying they will consider it or they want to do it and to call or email them more info. So it looks like it's going to be a busy night since we know nothing will be happening on turkey day. Wish me luck I'm going in....and where I'm going with this is Bev's email pulls, bottom line.

Donald,

I'm the owner, Allison is our agent and the house is still on the market. We have our contract with her til Feb. we would be willing to do something like this if the house hasn't sold before then. I don't think I can do anything now because of the contract but I'm not sure, we have 2 house payments now and every time we make one on this house I feel that we are losing money.

Thanks

this is one of the replies from email marketing think we stand a chance will see what happens but been getting responses like this the last couple of days in the next comming days will see if i can get one of these and put something together

well hope you all had a good thanks giving im celebrating my 4th one today

Don, email the homeowner back and tell him that he has the right to cancel the listing agreement if he wishes. But until he does so you won't be able to assist him. Then let him know all about The Lease Purchase Advantage. <_< Make a convincing enough argument and this guy is ready to go. That second payment on this property is causing him pain.

To be honest, BEV should be charging for all the time, effort and money she has put into this business. It's because of her relentless BIG HEART that she keeps giving, and giving and giving!

WCG, step away from the Caffeine! It took me *months* before I felt I could write something here that would actually help someone. My first steps into Lease Purchasing were fraught with uncertainty and fear. I had significant misconceptions about how it all fit together which had to be *changed* before I had any success.

I wouldn't have been surprised if my early posts were answered with "Boy, you just don't get it, do you?!" Fortunately, they weren't. People were nice to me. And I stayed in the game.

So...Why in the world would you write a special post encouraging people to ask you questions ("nah, don't worry, I ain't gonna charge you. Therefore, folks, please FEEL FREE to PM me and I will help you in ANY way that I can! That's my true, Naked promise!") and then turn them into your personal whipping boy when they take you up on your offer?????

Encouragement doesn't cost a dime. Just a little of it, well-placed, can carry a person through a lifetime.

Dan

Freedom Creek LLC

My Gosh, Dan!

I've spent the last several days in turmoil thinking about Kevin's response AND the light you've portrayed me in!

Geez, I'm not the bad guy here! I lived up to my promises here -- which was to help anyone who asked me for me help! Which, I HAVE DONE!

However, I do have a problem when I do deliver on my promise and those folks don't acknowledge my act of kindness or genorisity by a simple e-mail back by saying Thank You!. or "I Got It". However, for someone to say in an Open Forum, "yah, I got your info, but it's gonna take me time to get my head around it, and is the reason why I didn't respond", just doesn't cut it and is back-peddling. Example, what if it took that person 3 months, 6 months? Would it be Ok for someone to say, "oh by the way, you sent me some information months ago and I've just gotten an understanding of it, so thanks." Or, What if they never got an understanding? Would that still be Ok for them not to respond? The point I'm trying to make is not whether someone understands something right away or never at all? What is IMPORTANT is that they acknowledge whatever info you sent them NOW! (Hey, they're the ones tha asked me a couple of times for the info and I asked them to be patient as it was going to take some time for me to get it to them as I'm extremely busy)! So, even after all that -- still not a word that they received my info (for the second or third time I sent it to them)!

So, Dan, you have no idea how much I've given our newbies here. I was merely trying to make a statement, by saying that everyone is welcome, but please respect one another. I just don't feel like I've been respected (by a few of the newbies here) -- JUST USED and TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF! :ninja:

I guess that's what happens when you give an eulogy in memory of your mentor and your e-mail becomes flooded with people seeking your help because one offers it. Well, that's my fault, I guess, but that's the ONLY thing that I'm guilty of. Me Bad!! <_<

What can I say? I'm an honest, ethical and downright grateful person. Is that such a sin??? :D

All I ask for is a little respect! in return! :lol:

WCG

P.S. I tried, again, to let this one slide, but heck, I got feel'ns too ya know! ^_^

P.P.S. I learned a long, long time ago too -- NOT TO give the farm AWAY! So, with that said, that letter means NOTHING without the Accompanying parts that I possess! Meaning, I gave away some crumbs to the secret of the pie, but NOT THE RECIPE TO THE WHOLE PIE! Glad to know where I stood before I gave the whole recipe away!!!!!!!! FOR FREE, as usual! :(

well started contacting the owners today that had emailed me back ....and just like that we have our first CA agreement

its a 3bd 2bt with garage and basement older victoring house thats been remodeled

purchase of 98,000

rent of 950.00

24 mo lease with possible 12 month extension

were going for 2,500 down and splitting it 50/50

fmv for sold comps is showing 115,000 being that this house is in WI and i live in NC this will be a hybrid CA and this is a 2nd house that they wanted sold like yesterday ...and by the way this not the house that i shared the email about that was listed with a realtor still working on the one....well hope everyones thanks giving was a good one im off to make some calls and market my new deal oh ya i just recieved MCs book yesterday by far the best purchase i have made yet

thanks

Dan

Freedom Creek LLC

My Gosh, Dan!

I've spent the last several days in turmoil thinking about Kevin's response AND the light you've portrayed me in!

Geez, I'm not the bad guy here! I lived up to my promises here -- which was to help anyone who asked me for me help! Which, I HAVE DONE!

However, I do have a problem when I do deliver on my promise and those folks don't acknowledge my act of kindness or genorisity by a simple e-mail back by saying Thank You!. or "I Got It". However, for someone to say in an Open Forum, "yah, I got your info, but it's gonna take me time to get my head around it, and is the reason why I didn't respond", just doesn't cut it and is back-peddling. Example, what if it took that person 3 months, 6 months? Would it be Ok for someone to say, "oh by the way, you sent me some information months ago and I've just gotten an understanding of it, so thanks." Or, What if they never got an understanding? Would that still be Ok for them not to respond? The point I'm trying to make is not whether someone understands something right away or never at all? What is IMPORTANT is that they acknowledge whatever info you sent them NOW! (Hey, they're the ones tha asked me a couple of times for the info and I asked them to be patient as it was going to take some time for me to get it to them as I'm extremely busy)! So, even after all that -- still not a word that they received my info (for the second or third time I sent it to them)!

So, Dan, you have no idea how much I've given our newbies here. I was merely trying to make a statement, by saying that everyone is welcome, but please respect one another. I just don't feel like I've been respected (by a few of the newbies here) -- JUST USED and TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF! :wacko:

I guess that's what happens when you give an eulogy in memory of your mentor and your e-mail becomes flooded with people seeking your help because one offers it. Well, that's my fault, I guess, but that's the ONLY thing that I'm guilty of. Me Bad!! :glare:

What can I say? I'm an honest, ethical and downright grateful person. Is that such a sin??? :huh:

All I ask for is a little respect! in return! :blush:

WCG

P.S. I tried, again, to this one slide, but heck, I got feel'ns too ya know! :glare:

P.P.S. I learned a long, long time ago too -- NOT TO give the farm AWAY! So, with that said, that letter means NOTHING without the Accompanying parts that I possess! Meaning, I gave away some crumbs to the secret of the pie, but NOT THE RECIPE TO THE WHOLE PIE! Glad to know where I stood before I gave the whole recipe away!!!!!!!! FOR FREE, as usual! :P

WCG, I was not going to reply to the first statement you made a few days ago but since you have decided to bring the issue back to surface after RevKev had already mentioned his "thank you's", I'd like to throw in my two cents.

Although I believe people should be thankful for the advice that they receive (which I'm sure we all are, which is the reason why we continually return to seek and learn and grow through this forum), it shouldn't be a necessity for everyone to start posting whatever "wisdom" they may have. Most members on here have yet to do a single deal, and I can empathize with those who are just starting out - afraid, confused, and always looking for the the expert answers. It's wonderful that Bev posts as much as she does to help everyone out, but should everyone who read her posts send a message saying "thank you"? If that's the case, then every time any member of this forum logs in, then they should create a new topic to thank Michael C for paying, maintaining, and keeping an active community. I 'm quite sure that what MichaelC, Bev, and the rest who have contributed to this forum have received back tenfold.

When I gain much more experience, I'd be more than willing and happy to share my experiences to newer investors looking answers without the need for a verbal form of appreciation. When people ask for my advice, that would be sufficient for me to know that they appreciate what I am offering them.

If I stumbled upon this forum for the first time, and came across your message, I would probably feel very intimidated to join and would probably seek information elsewhere. Information should be FREE. Always. If Bev expected a "thank you" or something in return for every piece of advice she gave, do you think it would come from her heart?

People give because they want to, not because they feel they have to... and when you say something like, "Bev should charge us for the information she gives ...", that just seems to oppose everything this forum represents.

-- NOT TO give the farm AWAY! So, with that said, that letter means NOTHING without the Accompanying parts that I possess! Meaning, I gave away some crumbs to the secret of the pie, but NOT THE RECIPE TO THE WHOLE PIE!

Okay WCG. You claim you possess some mysterious knowledge that you are not willing to share. That's fine.

So why get upset when someone doesn't thank you for passing on a letter that -- you proudly admit -- means nothing?

Are you trying to help? Or are you looking for applause? Or do you just get off on confusing newbies?

Dan

Freedom Creek LLC

WOW! is it getting hot in here...

WCG,

I agree for the most part with the rebuttal post, I do think you should have received a response to the email. If you read your first post it sounded like you wanted him to kiss your feet. But from the second post I "think" you just wanted him to acknowledge he was alive and received it.... right.

anyway, can't we all just get along....

WOW.... If anyone needs advise or help or anything.... All ya gotta do is ask... If it takes you years to fully understand that’s okay. If you need clarification it’s okay your human. If you take it and run you’re your extraordinary. You never have to thank me... Heck my head isn’t that big... And I have a fat head.... The only person you and I should get on our knees for is God...

Michael Quarles