The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

Marketing Tips Exposed

:( Guess we got in trouble :(

Naaaaa!

He's just jealous 'cause he can't figure out how you can finger paint (clip art) as well as you "guys"! :lol:

:D

Just for that, I went ahead and did a sample of an actual ad of mine of an RTO home so you guys can take note.

I modified it, so ignore the typos :glare:

Check It Out

BEV!

WOW! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

You move straight to the head of the class and graduate with HONOURS!

Bev, I can't believe how BEAUTIFULLY and INCREDIBLY Creative you are. I'm really think you have a new found "career" ahead of you, or at least in conjunction with!

I could definitely use your help with my websites!

What's your price???

You are definitelyworth any price you name!

Jean

the music made me think we might get a glimpse of a bullet filled body

WOW! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

You move straight to the head of the class and graduate with HONOURS!

Bev, I can't believe how BEAUTIFULLY and INCREDIBLY Creative you are. I'm really think you have a new found "career" ahead of you, or at least in conjunction with!

Thanks WestCoastGirl.

In all sincerity, I've always said I was born a graphic freak and highly addicted to art, ooooh don't get me started :glare:

TONY!!!!

As you please. shooting.gif

BEV! :lol:

ROFL!!!

Today I'll be sharing the answer to the "most" common and popular question asked to me by lots of you here AND others non-members of this board.

So to be fair to all and not have to answer the same question a gazillion times to each individual, I will share the secret truth answer to THE question. :D

.... Warning: This may get long. You've been warned..... <_<

What's the question most asked to me?

Q) What do you say to prospect homeowners on the phone/emails to get them to say "YES" to CA? (similar questions, phone scripts etc)

A) The short answer is: I Just Be Myself

The long answer is........ :o

As most of you know, to me it has always been extrememly easy to get homeowners to contract their homes and perform a CA on them.

No matter what the market is.

Is gotten to a point where I am very picky with the house I approach.

I need to personally like house first, they must be brand new or newer etc. That's how powerful its gotten for me to be able to do all of that with no problem.

Are there any secrets to what I say on the phone or emails?

Nope!

Most of you and I can be talking to the same prospect homeowner and saying the same things, yet I can almost guarantee you that the homeowner will most likely say "yes" to me and possibly a negative "yes" to you :-)

Don't mean to brag as I'm sincerely typing this to help someone out there and even if this post helps only ONE person, is worth my effort (brains).

Just to set the record straight, I know there are hundreds of motivational books out there and marketing gurus whom are very helpful as well.

Although all of that is good and I support them, I am not into any of that stuff (into reading books, marketing gurus etc)

But what I am into heavily, is common sense which is where I'm headed with this.

Almost everything the marketing gurus and motivational books talk about are things I've lived by and continue to live by it, nothing I've read or heard from marketing gurus / mentors is new to me as whenever they share their valuable information, is like they're describing ME personally, it scares the heck out of me to hear a motivational or marketing guru get deep into their things because what they say is exactly how I AM and how I've lived my life always!

You see, going back to the question of what is it that I say on the phone to prospects?

The answer is " I STAND OUT" from the crowd!

Prospects notice this instantly, so they want to hear more and more about what I have to share with them.

I'll give you an example of what I mean by standing out of the crowd.

50 yrs ago, the good old "sales pitch" was the greatest thing in the business world, salesmen rocked selling cars and what have you.

Being a good "Sales Person" was all you needed to be back then to succeed in business.

Well, that was 50+ yrs ago, times have changed, people are wiser and more knowledgeable these days and most of them (including myself) do NOT appreciate sales people hitting on us nor people calling us with sales pitches.

Yes, there are sales people these days that do good and there are a lot of you doing Real Estate using sales pitches and doing okay too, BUT they could all be doing a lot better if only they would realize that the "sales pitch" is dead and either they'll have to strike 500 times before hitting a home-run or get discouraged with whatever business they're involved with and quit. The problem is not you.

I have NEVER and will NEVER use sales pitches in my business. I don't think like a sales person, therefore I don't have a salesperson mentality, and This is why I " STAND OUT" from most of the crowd and is very noticeable to all my prospects and most importantly they appreciate it!

A good example of standing out of the crowd would be "domino's pizza", they were the only ones to offer pizza delivery in 30 minutes or it is free.

Domino's pizza is the most successful and strongest franchise business in history so far, why? Because they did something no other pizza restaurant did so they stood out and everybody noticed it and appreciated it (including myself :P )

In Real Estate, is the same ol' thing out there, I buy houses, stop foreclosure, I buy your house in 7 days, etc etc etc.

And when it comes to calling on prospects is the same ol' thing as well such as.....

- tell me about your property

- why are you selling?

- how long has it been in the market?

- are you willing to lease purchase?

- are you interested in rent to own?

- I can help you with your house.

- etc etc etc

In my opinion, the above is not only a waste of your time but also very frustrating for the person you're calling.

The last thing they want to hear are those words I wrote above.

Again, if you don't stand out from the crowd, you will continue to hit dead end and discouraged.

Try doing things that other's aren't doing so you too can stand out from the rest.

The way I stand out from the rest is by being myself always, by that I mean I "connect" with the person I'm talking to or emailing to.

You see, when you call someone (prospect), you're a total stranger to them and the only thing you have to go by is to "connect" with them verbally (not wired via phone only lol).

By "connecting" I mean, open up to them, make them feel that you are just a human being like they are who can relate to what they're going through or what they're trying to do. Once you open up to them they will open up to you and next thing you know, a connection has been made and they beginning to trust you.

At this point your sales pitches comes out more like an advice to them rather than annoying sales pitches and he/she will appreciate that.

For example, lets say Bill is selling his house he worked so hard for due to a death in the family (we never know home owner's personal situation when we call nor is any of our business to ask as this is a very personal matter in my opinion)

Lets say an investor calls Bills ad and says..

Here's the typical same ol' same ol' conversation.......

Investor: Is your house still available for sale?

Bill: Yes,

Investor: Can you tell me a little bit about it

Bill: 5 BD, 2 yrs old, bla bla bla (keep in mind Bill has answered these same exact questions a gazillion times already to others calling just like this investor)

Investor: Why are you selling?

Bill: (most likely Bill is very frustrated at this point and probably is thinking of hanging up or will just simply say NO to whatever you offer him)

Same Case

Bev calls

Here's the "stand out" conversation...

Bev: Hi, is your gorgeous house still (for rent) For sale?

Bill: Thanks, yes it is a beautiful house, it has new appliances, I bought the houe only 2 years ago, I really like my house but I have to move out due to personal matters..bla bla bla

Bev: Oh, sorry to hear that you "have" to move out, if that were my house I wouldn't want to move out either LOL

Bill: Trust me I much rather stay but I have to sell.

Bev: Hang in there Bill, If you need professional advice or someone to talk to about your current situation let me know,

or if you need a helping hand I'm here to help :-)

Bill: Thanks I appreciate that very much... I can use all the help I can get right about now...

The rest is history.................

As you can see from both examples above, one of the scripts created a strong connection between the two while the other was just another wasted call for both!

But then again, the connections I make is because that's just the way I am in general.

If you're used to the ol' sales pitch but want to stand out from the rest, you must change the way you do things.

Believe me, this is very powerful and effective.

I know what I'm talking about, I'm living proof of this :-)

Hey things change, techniques change, don't be afraid of making some changes, don't be afraid of making calls.

Fear is the number ONE killer of success!!

And now that I have bored you all into a comma haha! :lol:

BEV!

Thanks Bev!!!

If I may add one other element ... you have to make that connection with confidence. Even if you don't feel it yet (and have to pretend), you have to convey confidence and ability to help. Example: I travel a lot. When I get to a hotel and if there's a check-in line, within moments, I know who I want checking me in: It's not the one who looks frustrated and says, "Does anyone know how to work the credit card machine?". It's the one who smiles and says, "We need a credit card to begin ..."

Trick question: How long has the confident one been doing there job??? Answer: It doesn't matter to me. I just want the one that appears to know how to get the job done.

Ronnie

Bev,

Thanks for the input.

I think that a lot of the newer people, myself included, would also like to hear what the rest of the conversation sounds like. Obviously the next part of the conversation is where you explain the CA and go into a little detail regarding it so the next question is; how are you describing the CA so effectively to get all of the homeowners/landlords to agree to the CA? How much are you telling them? I can't really see going into a lengthy conversation over the phone describing a CA but if that's what you're doing, and it's working, I'll give it a shot. And I know every conversation is different and you have to adjust to the conversation but if you could describe a "typical" conversation that would be most appreciated. <_<

Thanks for all of your help.

MK

Are sellers really giving you the "I'm motivated" line in their very first sentence, and confirming it in their second? I'm not seeing such loose-lipped sellers. I'm also concerned that "I'm here to help you" is a very dangerous claim to be making, what with aggressive AGs looking for investors to scalp.

Bev, you're freakin' awesome. Thank you so much for spending your time thinking that all out/typing it up for us. I can totally see the difference in approaches. I have even experienced your version when a lady saw my buisness card. She owed 20k more than her house was worth and I couldn't see how to help. She just told me all about it, what she owed, whatever, she was just happy to find someone who cared and maybe could help. I will focus on the friendly chat approach. I hate salespeople. I do. Sorry.

...I am also hoping for chapter 2 from Bev <_< (I too want to hear how YOU explain the CA vs how generic salesman investors do it)

rbaras... great point in that you dont CARE how much experience, you just care that you are confident they can do the job.

Here ya go....

I haven't made a call in a month since I took the month of April off.

I am back in business today May 1st and made my first call today (only 1 call) and this is how the call went... not word for word of course, but closed enough <_<

I called a FRBO ad.....

Phone: ring ring, ring ring, ring ring...

Landlord: hello...

Bev: Hi, I have a silly question about the ad you have on CL that's driving me nuts LOL

Landlord: haha! Really, what's the question?

Bev: I noticed on the picture of your house that you have a Remax for sale sign on the yard, yet, you are advertising this property as FRBO

which is it, lady? haha!

Landlord: BWAAAHAHA! Is actually both! I had it for sale at first when the picture was taken but since it didn't sell, I put it for rent LOL

The agent took the sign off and now all I have is a 4Rent sign on the yard.

Bev: Well how do you like that... thanks for clearing that up, now I can put it to rest lol

Landlord: Sorry it confused you missy lol

Bev: Nah, don't be sorry, because that' s exactly what I'm looking for anyway?

Landlord: What do you mean?

Bev: I'm looking for a house who's owner is creative as you are..

Landlord: Thanks missy, I'll try anything humanly possible to accomplish my goal and since my house didn't sell, I will rent it.

Bev: That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Landlord: Would you like to see the house?

Bev: I love to, but first I want to know if you're open to selling the house at the end of the lease?

Landlord: YES!!!!! Do you want to buy it at the end of the lease?

Bev: No not for me, is for a family I'm helping relocate from Bay Area.

(I actually have a long waiting list of prospects with money)

Landlord: Really? That's nice of you to do that for them. Would you like to bring them over to see the house?

Bev: I can't wait to show them your house, but first you and I need to meet at the property to make this official.

Landlord: Not a problem, what do you need form me? Do I need to bring anything to our meeting?

Bev: All I need from you is your cooperation and a pen to sign LOL

Landlord: You have 100% of my cooperation and for the pen, I have plenty of them, missy haha!

Bev: I'm open this weekend.

Landlord: Saturday works for me after 1Pm

Bev: Cool, see ya then

Landlord: I can't tell you how much I appreciate what you're doing missy, thank you!

Bev: My pleasure :-)

Conversations are simple and fun, why not make $$$ through the process? :P

More coming later...

BEV!

BEV- Thanks for the opening lines. Would you care to expand on the conversation once you meet with the seller and go over the CA with them? Thanks you're the best! :unsure:

I actually have a long waiting list of prospects with money)

That is SO cool. Of course I alreay know this but its so cool to see you're just facilitating the thing... getting that tb a home and getting that seller out of one. Everyone loves you for it. I love it. Keep it coming.. Segment 3, segment 3, segment 3 (chanting) I really appreciate the insight! THANK YOU!

And P.S. to all of the other experienced investors out there.... feel free to add your tips and tricks of selling the CA to a seller to this thread. Just because we're asking for BEV!'s advice doesn't mean you can't hijack her thread. :unsure::)

Thanks everyone! This thread has been amazing!

Everyone has their own approach, but I will almost never run over to see a property without first having an informal agreement with the homeowner. I need to know they understand what I'm doing, and we must agree to the terms. Otherwise you'll find yourself driving all over the county, wasting your time and gas, only to find out at the house the homeowner has all sorts of concerns about a lease purchase, and wants terms that are nowhere near market reality.

BEV- Thanks for the opening lines. Would you care to expand on the conversation once you meet with the seller and go over the CA with them? Thanks you're the best! :)
Awwwwwe, :P

Here's a recap of what happened at my meeting.

As usual (for me anyway), homeowner and I had a great conversation, went through the paperwork (the numbers I feel are right for her house, price, rent, terms etc) which we went over the phone/email prior to our meeting.

She read everything and signed... asked some questions as expected of course such as....

Q) What if they change their mind and don't buy?

A) We do this again and life goes on... what have you got to lose?

Q) What if I find a renter that wants to rent the house asap, is that ok?

A) Absolutely!! Is your house and is your choice, if you prefer to have ordinary tenants that come and go instead of a "qualify" tenant (pre-buyer) who's goal is to take care of the house and even upgrade it to purchase it at the end of the lease, then that's the way it'll be, is as simple as that. :unsure:

Etc.

I took pictures of the house, she gave me the house key.

(she lives 3 hours away, I live few blocks away :blush: )

That's what a typical day looks like for me

BEV!