The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Former NAR President can't sell!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/21656207

:lol: You've just got to love this story! There's something else that the article didn't point out, this guy hasn't even listed his house with his own brokerage, but with discount firm RedFin LOL! Sweet, sweet, justice :D

Here's one of my pieces for the local paper (if they ever agree to publish it :D)

BAD AGENT Causes Financial Heartache

Kitchener--David and Lisa thought they had made the right choice when they hired their real estate agent Stephen. He came with references and years of experience. But it wasn’t long before they knew something was wrong.

Just two short weeks after taking their listing and assuring them that they would get the price he had recommended, their agent began to pressure them to reduce the price. Every week or two they found themselves in another heated debate with the “expert” over the price. And what was Stephen doing to sell their home? He hadn’t brought any of his own buyers through from the “long list” he said he had. He had only held one open house where he found a buyer—for someone else’s house. It didn’t take David and Lisa long to realize that Stephen’s only strategy for selling their home was to lower the price further and further.

Right in the middle of this nightmare as the financial pressure of making mortgage payments on two houses at the same time was beginning to take its toll, they received a postcard from a professional home buyer by the name of Doug Pretorius, indicating his interest in purchasing their house if they were simply willing to lease it for a short time before closing.

Finally, an answer to their prayers! Since their listing was about to expire anyway David and Lisa called Doug at xxx.xxx.xxxx. Just 3 days later, after inspecting their home, Doug agreed to lease purchase their house for their FULL asking price.

Doug buys houses throughout the Region of Waterloo.

Give him a call if you need to sell your house TODAY!

Here's one of my pieces for the local paper (if they ever agree to publish it ;))

BAD AGENT Causes Financial Heartache

Kitchener--David and Lisa thought they had made the right choice when they hired their real estate agent Stephen. He came with references and years of experience. But it wasn’t long before they knew something was wrong.

Just two short weeks after taking their listing and assuring them that they would get the price he had recommended, their agent began to pressure them to reduce the price. Every week or two they found themselves in another heated debate with the “expert” over the price. And what was Stephen doing to sell their home? He hadn’t brought any of his own buyers through from the “long list” he said he had. He had only held one open house where he found a buyer—for someone else’s house. It didn’t take David and Lisa long to realize that Stephen’s only strategy for selling their home was to lower the price further and further.

Right in the middle of this nightmare as the financial pressure of making mortgage payments on two houses at the same time was beginning to take its toll, they received a postcard from a professional home buyer by the name of Doug Pretorius, indicating his interest in purchasing their house if they were simply willing to lease it for a short time before closing.

Finally, an answer to their prayers! Since their listing was about to expire anyway David and Lisa called Doug at xxx.xxx.xxxx. Just 3 days later, after inspecting their home, Doug agreed to lease purchase their house for their FULL asking price.

Doug buys houses throughout the Region of Waterloo.

Give him a call if you need to sell your house TODAY!

Hehe :D

BTW, I read in today's Toronto Metro newspaper that the average house price here in Toronto went up by 11%.

Not a motivated seller in sight :(

- Rahul

Rahul, I got a postcard from a realtor that said the average price in the K-W area went up too, I think it was 8.5% from last September. Despite that I'm finding 2 or 3 good leads every week now.

Lots of people are willing to RTO their houses, but you're right, around here they don't fit into the traditional motivational categories. They aren't falling behind, they haven't lost their jobs, they haven't gotten divorced, they aren't dying, or being transferred. They aren't even facng two payments like my 'news article' talks about. They're just your average seller who happen to also be willing to rent.

Canadians live forever?!
I don't know if you would call it "living" but when you're at death's doorstep they bury you in the permafrost so you're preserved for a time when medical science can revive you and cure whatever is wrong with you. It's a lot cheaper than cryogenics.

Of course this was started back in the '70s when scientists were predicting the next ice age. Now with global warming I'm afraid we've just buried millions of people alive! Oops!

Canadians live forever?!
I don't know if you would call it "living" but when you're at death's doorstep they bury you in the permafrost so you're preserved for a time when medical science can revive you and cure whatever is wrong with you. It's a lot cheaper than cryogenics.

Of course this was started back in the '70s when scientists were predicting the next ice age. Now with global warming I'm afraid we've just buried millions of people alive! Oops!

:D Actually, I think many of these "cadavers" have come back to life and resurfaced in Florida. Many bought condos on the beach during the boom years and are now wishing they were back in that cozy, frozen, vegetative state.