The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Professor

A very interesting conversation I had w/ a seller ...

So a seller responded to one of my ads, providing his # to call.

I call him the next day at around (6pm) and he sounds as though he's sleeping so I ask if there's a better time to call back. He tells me to continue since I already started. I ask him about his property and it turns out he has an agent, who hasn't followed through with what was promised (calling once a week to update, having 22 ready buyers) so he's going to sue him, report him to his brokerage and to the real estate board.

We continue our convo and turns out he has sleep apnea. He tells me about another house he owns and how it has REALLY high beams and how he has thoughts of stringing a rope over it and tying a noose around his neck. :D

He then asks me if I know anyone who sells guns so he can shoot his agent and himself.

For goodness sake! All I wanna do is a RTO transaction!!! I didn't know what to say... I empathized with him as much as anyone in my position could ...

Thought I'd share this story with everyone for its out-of-the-ordinary value. Has anyone experienced calls like this before / and how have you guys handled them? Definitely doesn't leave you with a good feeling afterwards!

Uh, no, this isn't the normal run-of-the-mill homeowner that I am used to speaking with. :D On the other hand, I know Doug wants to shoot a few Agents, so maybe it's a Canadian thing? :(