The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lorenwoods2

Potential sellers - good source?

What do you guys think of the site myhousedeals DOTcom, as far as finding potential leasue purchasing deals? It is limited to a handful of cities, albeit major cities...and on the headlines of each home, it gives reasons for selling, a lot of which are divorce/moving soon/can't make payments. Just wondering what people think of that site as a source!

Thanks, Mike

Mike, I'm not familiar with the site. And when I tried accessing it just now I was unable to. Is it down? I'll have a look at it later. If it's free, you've got nothing to lose by emailing the homeowners. But if the site is charging for these alleged leads, I'm not interested. With so many free listing sites available, why pay? Craig's List, backpage, kijiji, etc.

MichaelC-

Nope, it is not down, I just entered the site address in the browser after I read your reply, and it came straight up. I've known about this site for a while, it is a pre-foreclosure site (and seems like it is at least pretty reputable) for Houston, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Washington D.C. And yes, I think you have to pay a monthly fee to access the the contact info for the listings that come up when you initially go to the site. "myhousedeals DOTcom."

Mike

Mike, the site is working for me now. It seems like one of several sites that offer preforeclosure and wholesale properties. Is is worth the cost? Can't say since I've never used it. Generally, these type sites are usually offering older, less desirable listings. Or so I'm told. A little effort on our parts and we can turn up enough deals to keep us busier than we want to be. Especially in this market we're in.

On the other hand, it wouldn't break the bank to give it a spin and see if anything good comes out of it.

What do you guys think of the site myhousedeals DOTcom, as far as finding potential leasue purchasing deals? It is limited to a handful of cities, albeit major cities...and on the headlines of each home, it gives reasons for selling, a lot of which are divorce/moving soon/can't make payments. Just wondering what people think of that site as a source!

Thanks, Mike

Mike, when selecting the name/address remember the name should be something the client would use in a search engine to find you. It really helps increase your search engine rank.