The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
CS1977

1,2,3--go!!

Your current #1 way of finding leads for motivated sellers willing to lease option?

Let's hear from everyone who is out there marketing!

It's still cold calling, hands down.

Emailing and running ads gets me a few leads but it's hard to make much headway if I limit that marketing to my local market. I can get a lot of leads if I cast a net over the entire province but that creates its own problems.

Cold calling still pulls the highest response (at least 5 times as many "I'm interested" replies compared to emailing).

Your current #1 way of finding leads for motivated sellers willing to lease option?

Leads are no good, you actually have to land the sellers :lol: I'm with Doug, cold calling is far and away my best method. These days, in fact, it's too easy on the seller side. They say "yes" before I even complete my first sentence. The job today is finding Tenant/Buyers.

Dan

Freedom Creek LLC

Hi, Christine! I have to agree with the two esteemed gentlemen above. Calling, and I must also add, emailing to homeowners on all the various sites out there these days. And because of the way the market is, it isn't at all difficult to find any takers. I find myself being quite fussy these days with what I will accept.

Christine,

I'm guessing this poll is for the Canadians only.. right?

Luv ya Douggie :lol:

If anything, we should start a poll for..."HOW TO GET SELLERS OFF US".

But I also agree with the boys above.

BEV!

The job today is finding Tenant/Buyers.

Are they a lot less motivated these days, or of lower quality? Retail buyers are certainly a lot less motivated than they used to be.

Don't know if they are of lower quality, but they sure are fussier than in the past. In this market, can you blame 'em?

Don't know if they are of lower quality, but they sure are fussier than in the past. In this market, can you blame 'em?

Not really. Have you had to lower what you charge for CAs? Have you been unable to move some of your houses?

I'm not sure what you mean about charging for a CA. Could you clarify that?

Trouble moving properties? Yes. We're not immune to market conditions. What was taking days, then weeks, can now take two months.

Sorry. I was referring to the assignment fee received by you.

Sorry. I was referring to the assignment fee received by you.

So you mean, are we receiving less option money per deal? Not necessarily. Two to three percent seems to be acceptable in my area.

Are they a lot less motivated these days, or of lower quality? Retail buyers are certainly a lot less motivated than they used to be.
I've had a lot better quality tenant/buyer this year. The loan squeeze is bringing them back, but they are more picky.

Not really. Have you had to lower what you charge for CAs? Have you been unable to move some of your houses?
randian, increase your rent credit form 50% to 75% or even 100% to L/O a slow mover, if you have the equity.

Emailing is my preferred marketing method.

How about current #1 way of finding quality T/B's? I get a good amount of calls from bandit signs.. but very few seem to have $$ for O/C :wacko:

Trying Bevs trick of using HTML posts to stand out on CL. I'd sure like to find a practical way to reach people who have some money to put down.

I did see a suggestion on a blog somewhere to memorize buyers info off of Realtors sign in sheets at open houses and then call them.. sounded pretty clever, but not sure how practical (or ethical) this is.