The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
option8

Outrageous Signs on the cheap

Guest gregory

Option 8-

Do you hand write the lettering on the bandit sign?

Is it the same quality as from a print or sign company?

Please advise. Thank you.

Yes, I am hand writing the signs.

The object with our signage - remember these signs are for moving properties...we aren't yet using "we buy houses" signs.

The object isn't to look professional, but to look like there is a deal here!

The more polished and professional, the more intimidated the buyer may be.

Additionally, when was the last time you really paid attention to a realtor sign.

They are a dime a dozen and I just tend to look over them.

These signs are NOTICABLE! - I practically dare someone to overlook my information.

I just put the TBs in the house this evening and the front yard sign was still standing from about 4 weeks ago. That ain't too shabby for a paper sign.

I would love to figure out a way to have my Seller signs be noticable too, but not look unprofessional

Option8

I would love to figure out a way to have my Seller signs be noticable too, but not look unprofessional
Have you considered using The Naked Investor logo :o ??

:o Now that would be noticable...

Should I consider this your official authorization to do so?

option8

Should I consider this your official authorization to do so?
Uh...I'll lease you the right to do so, with an option to buy that right at some time in the future :o .

Will you draw up the contracts so I can have my attorney look at them. :o

option8

Guest kennon

I used regular white posterboard. Black Spray paint, and a small dowl rod cut in half for stability. I could get 12 posters the read "we buy houses" underneath "xxx-xxx-xxxx" 24 hr rec mssg out of one can of spray paint. I made a stencil. I could get about 30 of these done in an hour. The only problem I saw was the paper did not last in the rain. it cost about 60 cents a sign. It was a fun little project. next I will use different posterboard, colored and protected

enjoy, happy investing

kennon

Option8 Is your sign big enough to put something on it like. Sell your home in 30 days with the lease purchase solution. Or is that to long for the sign. Also what kind of stakes work the best. I want to try bandit signs, and the ones you put on the telephone. Are you stapling your signs to the stakes?

MichaelR

Yes, the signs are big enough to put your text on them

When I cut the cardstock in half, they measure about 14" wide x 22" long.

I use an impact hammer and staple the signs to surveyors stakes obtained from Home Depot or Lowes or any wooden utility pole.

Good hunting!

option8

Option8 I must of bought the wrong poster sign because mind cost me .99cents each, and boy are they are very loud in color. I am going to give it a try. I already have a stapler gun, and black marker. I will see how they will hold up in the rain. Five bucks, and two signs per poster that is if I don't screw it up. :rolleyes: It just a test and it only costing me 5 bucks, and some staplers.

Michael

Guest Rat Race Hater(ImAnEagle)

Hi all,

Its been A while since I posted a message....Im still a noob...working a different job now [pays better, closer to home, and I drive the company truck all over my city EVERY day so I see houses for sale ALL the time=)]. I'm still in the hole...debt wise...but Im slowly coming out and I forsee a time very soon to finnally get my friggen naked investor manual...I gotta do it for my fish that died and the aquarium I had to sell AND of course, my family. (MC probably remembers the aquarium situation).

I appreciate option8 revealing his bandit sign secrets and once again MC's web sight and services...there, cant forget the important stuff. Now that being said, I have noticed that in the last 2 weeks or so I have seen about 100 houses for sale. I really do travel my hometown everyday with an open eye. I must say though, about 95% of the houses for sale have been by realtors, Banks, and I even saw one up for auction. Now to anyone who has knowledge...I am curious....is there any way in the world to do business with a bank or realtor using L/P strategies? I understand that I can network with a realtor for leads but how can I involve a realtor in just earning a profit on a deal? I ask this because all I ever see is realtor signs. Do I just need to dig deeper for the home owner sales? Am I just getting ahead of my self and need to put up bandit signs first to find that For Sale By Owner market? Any advice will help and is appreciated. Maybe what Im missing the most is all explained in the manual Im going to purchase soon( this Friday if my Vision Contacts dont break my wallet).

Bonus Questions For MC:

If you were working your job(if you have one not related to REI)What kind of volume of sales would you expect in order for you to resign the job?

For me, 4k profit per month would let me go Full Time Investor....is that a reasonable income as a Full Time Investor?

Rat Race Hater, I would imagine that 95% of homes being listed by realtors is about normal. That's certainly the case in my area, in fact, I'd be surprised if FSBOs amounted to as much as 5%.

I've determined that driving around specifically for the purpose of finding FSBO signs is not an efficent method of finding deals. I can find far more in 10 minutes by looking in the paper than I could driving around every day for a month.

There's obviously a few things you can do:

1. Call the FSBO signs you DO come across.

2. Call the FSBO and FRBO ads in the paper.

3. Do your own marketing.

I don't think that trying to work with realtors is your best, and certainly not your only, alternative just because most properties are listed.

As for making money. In my area just one CA on an average priced house would net me nearly $5,000 (2.5% of the price). So what would that be for your area? That would be your answer for how many deals you need to do to go full time. Just focus on CAs, and once you've got something going, expand into sandwiches or other types of investing.

I gotta do it for my fish that died and the aquarium I had to sell AND of course, my family. (MC probably remembers the aquarium situation).

I thought we l/p that thing off... B)

I appreciate option8 revealing his bandit sign secrets

I guess Her biggest secret is she is a lovely lady.

Maybe what Im missing the most is all explained in the manual Im going to purchase soon( this Friday if my Vision Contacts dont break my wallet).

Ask MC he might make it large print, so you can skip the glasses.... :lol::lol:

In my area just one CA on an average priced house would net me nearly $5,000 (2.5% of the price).

So, thats $1,500 us dollars.... :lol::lol:;) (I really should stop but d@mm I am board at work)

Hope everyone has a sense of humor I was jut haven fun ;) .

Doug had a good Idea with the Coop Assignment (COA). I think you'll understand better when you receive your manual. See if you can get the free report of the Adam, Doug and Pete COA letter. I need to study up on the COA..

Good luck

Tony, $1,500US ... that's embarrassingly close to reality. But since we live in igloos and survive off of the meat we catch in our traps, our standard of living is pretty inexpensive to maintain :lol:

My only regret is that I didn't get into CAs earlier, I could have made a whole lot more money off of my marketing.